Project 04 Prelim

Post links to your Project Four websites for discussion and feedback.
Cole_Richards

Project 04 Prelim

Post by Cole_Richards »

Here we are, the final project *insert applause* here we go! For this project I wanted to focus on going simpler while having visual interest, hopefully I can actually do that, here are my drafts, please let me know what you think!
web1.png
web1(1).png
mob1.png
mob1(1).png
web2.png
web2(1).png
mob2.png
mob2(1).png
I think my strongest design is the first, but I enjoy both, I wanted to use the colors and fonts already used but change everything else.

Thanks!
Cole Richards (Betes Boy)

squidgola33

Re: Project 04 Prelim

Post by squidgola33 »

I really like your first rough. the colors are perfect and match the current website to a tee. the second one is nice I just feel the first one is much stronger. the font is also a nice choice!

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

See, I'm all about your second design, Cole. I love the way it breaks the mold by putting the page title on the side. That's an interesting look and you make sure the title doesn't get lost by using a dark orange color that works well with TMCC's colors and your background image selection. It also becomes a bit of a call to action color in your navigation. Good selection of background photo. Sums up your content nicely. Your text is relatively easy to read. Your navigation is easy to see and use. The layout is very clean and could have been a little dull but for that title on the side. You've really played up that gimmick and it works well here.

The big issue that is see with your design in both computer and mobile form is margin and padding. The longer text in your buttons is too tight to the edges and, in some cases, off center. Your bodycopy is too close to your button and your buttons are too close the TMCC logo at the top. Your bodycopy is crammed right against your side title on your mobile version and your line hight on your paragraphs is way to tight. Everything just needs to be opened up a but so everything has room to breathe and is not too crowded.

Nice job!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

Mike_Chavez123

Post by Mike_Chavez123 »

That website is you! You’ll get an A for sure!

zandrews

Post by zandrews »

Hi Cole!

Great job on both of these layouts! While they both share some similarities and overall feel that you're going for, the execution with your color palette and layout placement is quite different and they each have their own strengths. Personally, I feel your second concept design is stronger - it just instantly caught my eye more with that yellow orange as opposed to the first which stayed a little more safe with the traditional TMCC color palette. I am all about designs that pop and standout from what's been done and I feel your second set while it ties into the look of TMCC, it differentiates itself enough which in my opinion is perfect for4 a potential GAMT revamped website. In other words, while it's still under the TMCC umbrella, it's also creating a unique standout look from thee rest of TMCC. SO I say go option 2! :)

Either way though, these are two very strong solid foundations to build from and look forward to seeing your final site brought to life! Good luck and keep up the great work! :)

Best,
Zach

kpargs

Post by kpargs »

Hi Cole, I agree I like the first layout, it's easy to navigate and looks crisp.
Aloha --------------Kirsten Pargas

Fatkid53

Post by Fatkid53 »

I am all about the second design, I agree with coach that it break the mold of title at the top, I also like that you are leading with a different color than the green and the minimalist background is also something I dig. The body copy and general layout could use a little padding and margin work but overall it's a solid concept and rough. Good luck moving forward I look forward to checking out the final product.
James P. Cowan

Samantha_Thomas

Post by Samantha_Thomas »

I think you should take the layout of the second design and combine it with the 1st one's colors.
The second design is unique and different, and I love it, but I feel like it should have a tmcc color pallet instead of the orange and green it has now. If you put the green and black in that one, it'll connect to tmcc through colors and be unique in its own way.
Samantha Thomas

Megan Greaves

Post by Megan Greaves »

I think that I agree with the popular sentiment. The second design has a unique thing going on with the side title. I think it would look great with the colors of the first set, to really tie it into the TMCC vibe while still keeping it your own style. I would just advise playing around with the margins on everything a bit. It's a touch cramped. Good work!

Ericha Eberhart

Post by Ericha Eberhart »

Hi! I like your first design, It has great structure and alignment! I think if the buttons were smaller you might establish better hierarchy and nice visual flow. Nice start!
-Ericha Eberhart :D