project three final, or is it?

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.

is it?

Yes
43%
No
No votes
I don't know
No votes
Yeet
57%

Total votes: 7

Megan Greaves

project three final, or is it?

Post by Megan Greaves »

Hey howdy hey everyone its a wonderful just after midnight so hopefully, this doesn't count as "late". Alas, I have some more work I have to do on project three such as getting the darn thing actually responsive but I had to go and make the work super hard for myself by building this site the way I did so I guess I got what I deserved.

https://www.grc175.com/student/spring-2 ... n-greaves/
Here is my project 2 again. I changed the projects nav link into a project 3 link, but I'm not sure why my CSS update didn't work so it will remain silly-looking until such time as I fix it, such as not midnight when I'm not having heartburn.

https://www.grc175.com/student/spring-2 ... index.html
Here is the direct link to my project three. I had some fun with it even when it was hard, and the more difficult the challenge the more satisfying it was to solve the problem. I've definitely been having more heartburn lately though lol. I made a nice little flowchart to represent which parts of the navigation actually works but I don't feel like posting that picture now so I will post it in text form.

On the index page, both "contact me" and the "enter" button lead to created pages. The enter button was designed as if you were entering in a search query, but since I can't actually do that, it just links to a fake search results page for "darkroom". The dropdown menus function on every page but none of the links work. Neither do the circle buttons. On the search results page, only "chemical mixer" text leads you to another page, the product page for a chemical mixer. From there, you can click the "add to cart" button to lead you to the shopping cart page. The option dropdowns are interactive.

Clicking the title at the top from any page will return you home.

And that's my project three. Feedback is welcome. I know I have a lot of work to do to make this more responsive, but I think this is an OK point to turn it in.

Cole_Richards

Re: project three final, or is it?

Post by Cole_Richards »

This looks great Megan! I really like the direction you took the website, it flows nicely!
Cole Richards (Betes Boy)

kpargs

Post by kpargs »

Hey great job bringing that website up to date :) It's so much more approachable and legitimate looking now. I also like how when you search items pop up. well done.
Aloha --------------Kirsten Pargas

Mike_Chavez123

Post by Mike_Chavez123 »

I like the colors you chose hope your next design is as good as this one

Samantha_Thomas

Post by Samantha_Thomas »

THIS LOOKS REALLY AWESOME and i love the things you did to the project 2 also good work it must've taken you forever to finish this.
Samantha Thomas

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

I was going to vote "Yeet", but I shall manfully resist the nonsense answer and give you a genuine one. Yes, your Project Three is done.

I've never had a student get down into the weeds on this project with their websites functionality the way you have, Samantha. I mean, a search results page? An actual shopping cart? Impressive. The design is clean and very "clinical", which is appropriate, given the subject. It's clean and you manage to organize some giant dropdowns in an east to see/use way. The background image is well selected and sets the tone for the website nicely. Your product images are well placed (More circles! I sense a theme developing) and invite clicking, though none are links. You use forms! Weeks before I taught them! And they look pretty good! Everything is clean and easy to use here.

It took a bit of navigating (and a bit of cheating looking at your file structure) to get to all the pages. The logo/title text on your inner pages is not sans-serif. The buttons on the product listings in your shopping cart pop off the edge of the container a bit.

Good work!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

Fatkid53

Post by Fatkid53 »

Wow the rows and columns, along with all the info is so well organized, I hesitate to think how long this took you. The only thing I found I could even critique is a bit of overlap on the scaling, but otherwise it is awesome.
James P. Cowan

yenny

Post by yenny »

WoW! It's looking, official. I would believe this was a real medical website. I know you're still working some stuff out but it looks so good already. I also like the drop shadow on the circles it's a nice touch to keep things separate and neat.
Yen N.

Ericha Eberhart

Post by Ericha Eberhart »

Hi! I like how organized everything is here, I also enjoy the contrast between your header and subhead. Your background provides a good space for work too, nice job!
-Ericha Eberhart :D

Meghna_Misson

Post by Meghna_Misson »

Hey Megan,
This website is amazing! I absolutely love all the details put into it, especially how you made the search bar where it pulls up all the products for sale, it's so cool! Amazing work!
Meghna Misson - student