project03

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
TSUL

project03

Post by TSUL »

I had a little link issue from my home website to the project 3 website so I just took off my project 2 to showcase this one until I get that figured out. In the mean time here is the "bad website" remake of tommy's batting cage, grill, bar, and deli! (I made them a better fit logo)

home
https://www.grc175.com/student/spring-2 ... index.html

menu1
https://www.grc175.com/student/spring-2 ... rmenu.html

original

https://www.tommysgrandstand.com/index_2.html
Tyler Sullivan

Cole_Richards

Re: project03

Post by Cole_Richards »

Hi, it looks really nice! A definite improvement over the original. I had a similar issue with linking, for mine I added the actual website into the link in the html, for example, <a class="project3" href="https://www.grc175.com/student/spring-2 ... l">Project 03</a> is what I have in my project 2 website html. Hope that helps!
Cole Richards (Betes Boy)

kpargs

Post by kpargs »

Hi great improvement, I like the visuals on the menu pages, and I like the logo revamp.
Aloha --------------Kirsten Pargas

Mike_Chavez123

Post by Mike_Chavez123 »

Keep up the work cannot wait for project 4

Samantha_Thomas

Post by Samantha_Thomas »

this makes me hungry and considering it is a burger place it works so nice job on this.
Samantha Thomas

Fatkid53

Post by Fatkid53 »

Links aside, you have a great design layout here and just need a little cleanup on the css. I like the high contrast red and white with the clean and assembled block formatting for the food. I'd say tinker with the links and your dropdown menu and all is well in the world.
James P. Cowan

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Ha! That logo is great, Tyler. Fun was clearly had here and this is definitely an improvement on the original.

You're using an old web designers trick here and making a very simple layout and then letting really cool imagery do the heavy lifting. I like the meal and table layout of your menu pages in particular. And the home page is an order menu with a tasteful arrangement of baseball equipment. Very sports bar! The whole skeuomorphism really works here. Each page is a scene and the site does a good job of putting you in them. Love all the little details. Color is working really well here, too. You've taken advantage of restaurant colors and used them well here too. Good use of margin and padding as well. Nothing feels too tight.

The whole thing is very reliant on being displayed at the right resolution. If it's even a little different, everything explodes. Also, I wish your navigation was a little better blending with your background. Right now it looks like scenes in a cartoon where one object on a detailed background is more colorful and simpler and super obvious that the character is going to handle it. Too bad that your menu text is part of the background image rather than live. Your menu explodes a little on dropdown.

Good effort!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

yenny

Post by yenny »

Every time I see your stuff I look at mine and I'm like dang I'm struggling. Your staff always looks so good and clean. I also like the font choices. It looks so much better than the original.
Yen N.

Ericha Eberhart

Post by Ericha Eberhart »

Hi! I like your overarching theme of red it goes well with the wood textures and food items. You have some alignment issues but so did I, this is a great start!
-Ericha Eberhart :D

Meghna_Misson

Post by Meghna_Misson »

Hey Tyler,
Your website is very cool! I love the work you put into the menu section, where all the dishes are listed on the background--at first I thought it was taking me to the same page, but then I looked closer and saw all the detail you put into it, great work! My only nitpicks about its function is: the increased margin amount on the right-side when the mouse hovers over the menu button and the navigation for each menu item on the burgers/wings page--the "Burgers, Wings, Sides n' Salads ", (for some reason it floats on the right side and in the middle of the background menu boards, so they are very hard to see). But I do think that these small faults are easy to fix, and will greatly improve your already-amazing site! Great work!
Meghna Misson - student