project3_final_jcowan

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
Fatkid53

project3_final_jcowan

Post by Fatkid53 »

https://www.grc175.com/student/spring-2 ... index.html Well sgit, the loading time even with the medium images is a bit sluggish but nothing that cannot be lined out. Here is the direct link to my project or you can go through this portal to verify I linked it properly to project two. https://www.grc175.com/student/spring-2022/james-cowan/ Every image is clickable and the lightbox lets you see all the detail. But the pages lag a bit so give them a sec to load, I will get this fixed asap moving forward. Please let me know what you find useful and a pain in the ass. Here's my style guide and my wireframe to reference. Regards.
wire_frame_sitemap_grc175_project3_jcowan.jpg
style_guide_jcowan_project.png
style_guide_jcowan_project.png (25.16 MiB) Viewed 405 times
James P. Cowan

Cole_Richards

Re: project3_final_jcowan

Post by Cole_Richards »

Load times aside, this looks fantastic! I love the use of images and color throughout!

kpargs

Post by kpargs »

Hi, great layout, great use of all the little nuggets we've been learning. And I so appreciate all you're mind mapping to make this website so organized and cohesive. Also so much great art on display, great job.
Aloha --------------Kirsten Pargas

Mike_Chavez123

Post by Mike_Chavez123 »

Links work, good job keep it up

Samantha_Thomas

Post by Samantha_Thomas »

I like being able to see the thought process you got here and all the colors and such. good work dude it looks great.
Samantha Thomas

mck775

Post by mck775 »

I am always super amazed at your websites, they are so unique. Your designs are always very consistent as well, font, color, and the art of course. :) It is so creative and nothing I have ever seen, I am very impressed

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Love the sci-fi theme here, James.

The big feeling I get from this whole website is visual texture. Between the background picture and your excellent use of transparency, the whole website has some interesting crunchy collisions between details and texture. It doesn't disturb from your content presentation though. I find the images easy to see and click on and they are displayed well on your pages. The navigation is well placed and easy to use. Great use of margins and padding. Everything has room to breathe throughout the layout. It even loads faster than I thought. I know you were worried about that during lab.

Your bodycopy is a little pinched and blobs up a bit depending on resolution/display size.

Great work!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

yenny

Post by yenny »

I'm speechless because I'm jealous. This is so cool. Everything about your website is so clean and neat. The image choice is great and everything is still legible even though the text is see-through. This is so cool!
Yen N.

Meghna_Misson

Post by Meghna_Misson »

Hey James,
Amazing work! I love how straightforward it is with the visuals, it really allows me to get an idea about your artistic talents! I think the background image's resolution might be higher than 72 because of how slow it is loading up when I open up the site. But nonetheless, great work!
Meghna Misson - student

Ericha Eberhart

Post by Ericha Eberhart »

Hi! I like the layout of your page, the buttons fit the vibe and everything works cohesively. Your work is awesome!
-Ericha Eberhart :D