Project03 Final

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
James Hill

Project03 Final

Post by James Hill »

Hello Class and Michael,
I hope this finds you well and if doesnt welp. Michael it appears like you have seen this so you can make the cirque without this post. Though to go into my creation of this. The project was a doozy and required me to think outside of the box. I would say I learned more on this project than the last one. I like the outcome I have made. There is places to advance in but wow is it a new site. I think why it works is anything is better than the old design amiright. Anyways hope this project amazes you guys.

https://www.grc175.com/student/spring-2 ... ex.html/hr]

Cole_Richards

Re: Project03 Final

Post by Cole_Richards »

This looks really good, i might not have set up the images the same but otherwise it looks really nice!
Cole Richards (Betes Boy)

Megan Greaves

Post by Megan Greaves »

I'm not sure what's going on but your link doesn't work for me. It doesn't even lead to your site at all.

kpargs

Post by kpargs »

uh oh, I wanna see what you did, but when I was carving out time for feedback something went wonky...
Aloha --------------Kirsten Pargas

Mike_Chavez123

Post by Mike_Chavez123 »

Really well done I like it

Samantha_Thomas

Post by Samantha_Thomas »

I dont think your link is working correctly when I click on it. the website gives me this.
Capture.PNG
maybe check your website to make sure its connected properly in the server.
Samantha Thomas

Fatkid53

Post by Fatkid53 »

I also had to go in through your student work folder bu was able to access it. I like the tiled image of the red car and the real time events you listed. Where I might change things is, some more interaction on the page to make it more intuitive moving forward. Good job.
James P. Cowan

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

So I'm taking the warning and assuming that this post will be suitably radioactive, James.

It looks like something went a little odd with your posted link. This link will show people the website:
https://www.grc175.com/student/spring-2 ... index.html

You've definitely improved on the source material here. Heck, this website's a better website than Rovers are as cars. Man, they're awful. But somebody loves 'em, bless their hearts. And this website is proof of it. Though I'm not sold on the tiling image for the home page, I do like how you straddled your title over the tile line in the images. That's pretty slick. Your text is very legible and your navigation is easy to see and use. Heck, the whole this is easy to read thanks to clean text and good placement. Your images throughout the site are well chosen and give a feel to what this company is about. The layout itself is pretty good. I see you've fallen back on an old web designers trick of doing a simple clean layout and letting all your imagery do the talking.

Looks like there's only two pages. Pity, I would have liked to see more. I don't especially care for having one image tile a bunch of times on your homepage. I think it would have looked better as a bunch of identically sized images or an Any Warhol-style collage of different colors of the same car. I think it would have been better if your line based navigation ran across the whole top of the screen.

Good effort.
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

yenny

Post by yenny »

I like the idea of the four-car background. I think it's a fun background. I also really like the idea of having the navigation on top like that. The black font and everything just stands out so well.
Yen N.

Ericha Eberhart

Post by Ericha Eberhart »

Hi! I like the color of your background car, I also think your font choices work well with the background. Nice start!
-Ericha Eberhart :D