project 3 final

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.

When do you normally go to bed

Poll ended at Sat Apr 30, 2022 4:53 pm

10 P.m and under
No votes
11 P.m
38%
12 am
13%
1 am or over
38%
Sleep what's that
13%

Total votes: 8

Samantha_Thomas

project 3 final

Post by Samantha_Thomas »

Hello, one and all, to the final critique of my website.

So, unfortunately, I read the assignment wrong and did not realize this was needed to have a live website and thought I was doing the design aspect only rather than programming. I did, however, manage to complete the picture designs, thankfully, so I know what to make. I will attempt to program The HTML/CSS aspects I know blind over the weekend as I do not have Dreamweaver at home. It can correct me on Monday when I have access to it again and add what needs to be added. My live version will most likely not be up until Monday at the earliest. I will note here when I did so; I may be graded accordingly for the late portion of this work.

I wanted to take the design I already had and make it less boring for my website, so I added some background images. I tinted them to make them look more interesting and made all the boxes more curved to keep the professional vibe but add a bit of calm.

Here is the mobile and web version of the home page.
cloudwalkers_home1.png
cloudwalkers_home2.png
cloudwalkers_mob3.png
cloudwalkers_mob2.png

on the inner pages, I kept the same color and pictures consistent for the most part but added in gradients as it can quickly go on forever in a section of the page that is scrolling.
I also added two color swatches with the purple being the color for that page in the "Contact Us" section of the website and the one with the green box being for the "For You" section of the website

and her is the inner pages that I created
cloudwalkers_home3.png
cloudwalkers_mob1.png
color-change-contactus.png
Color-change-foryou.png

update 4/25/2022

I kinda finished my website after 12 hours of programing over the weekend and small fixes today but it ain't perfect cause I suck at coding.
https://www.grc175.com/student/spring-2 ... index.html

AS like my last project if you have any tips on how to fix certain glitches and aspects of the code then I am all ears. thanks to still not knowing how to fix the fancy boxes when the screen shrinks only this one now adds onto growing screens to.
yippy kiya I hate it lol
Last edited by Samantha_Thomas on Mon Apr 25, 2022 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Samantha Thomas

Elle Barre

Re: project 3 final

Post by Elle Barre »

I love how beautiful you made this site look. It looks like quality, establishment, Scandinavian barn and decor... Everything about it is charming (except for the one weird photo, which is less janky to me with how you've toned it down with all the beautiful graphics now surrounding it). I am also impressed that you are creating the html and css on a word doc and entering it at school tomorrow. Kind of amazeballs, to me. I kinda wish we'd learned html and css that way, on paper first. I hope it slides right in there like a hand in glove when you enter it tomorrow. Beautiful graphic design, Samantha, really gorgeous. :- )
~ Elle Barre

kpargs

Post by kpargs »

Hi I love your designs they are beautiful, I want to see it as a website :)
Aloha --------------Kirsten Pargas

Mike_Chavez123

Post by Mike_Chavez123 »

Great job I really like the layout design the most

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Not bad for a 12 hour speed build, Samantha!

As with your preliminary work, your background image really sets the tone here. It makes the reader think of gentle pastoral living, which seems appropriate. You've done a pretty good job realizing the belt navigation, which is a fun concept. I especially like the buckle Home button. Good work injecting a custom font in with CSS. Your font makes me think of signs in front of expensive farms. Also appropriate. Good color choices as well. They work nicely with your great background image. That's a neat idea putting all of your contact info in the dropdown. You see that on some websites where designers use dropdown not as navigation, but as informational pop ups. Orthogonal thinking!

A few quick fixes, as requested. On your navigation buttons that don't have links on them, add a "cursor: pointer;" property and value to the rule that styles them. Watch your overlap on your home button. It's obscuring your "For Sale and Sold" button. Some of your content at the bottom is being clipped off with no scrollbars. I'm assuming there's some sort of "overflow: hidden;" property set somewhere that's preventing the web page from popping scrollbars. I would have liked to have seen a few pictures in your content area.

Good effort!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

Fatkid53

Post by Fatkid53 »

I like the overall western theme of the page and the blue and tan tones set the pages up nicely. The things I would tinker with are a little animation in the buttons maybe and then the way you have your footer it looks as though one could scroll down to more content. Will there be more content?
James P. Cowan

Ericha Eberhart

Post by Ericha Eberhart »

Hi! I like the cloud background, it works well with your nav colors and country vibe, nice start!
-Ericha Eberhart :D

Meghna_Misson

Post by Meghna_Misson »

Hey Samantha,
I love the work you put into the visuals, they look amazing! However, I am unable to view them properly on the live site you had created, it might be due to my monitor size being more square-ish, but the navigation becomes compact and I cannot scroll down to see the rest of the page. But besides this, I do find your design really nice and satisfies a majority of the project's requirements. Good job!
Meghna Misson - student

squidgola33

Post by squidgola33 »

i think the overall design is great. bummer we cant view the site!

zandrews

Post by zandrews »

Sam!

Wow great job for such a fast turnaround on your html/css! This looks and works very well. Obviously there are some issues with layout of your nav but overall, majorly impressed with how much you got done in such a short amount of time. Btw your links to the troll face and yoda made my day. HILARIOUS.

Anyways overall great job with everything and a great effort. I know you have mentioned before how you struggle with coding and I share your pain ten-fold. I am STILL working on my very LATE project 3 but wish me luck I finally get the thing up and running this weekend AND THEN IMMEDIATELY onto project 4. Oi.

Anyways great job and keep it up! We are almost to the end! Onto Chapter 4 (almost for me).

Best,
Zach