project 03 final!!!!

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
kpargs

project 03 final!!!!

Post by kpargs »

ok, so here's my link

https://www.grc175.com/student/spring-2 ... index.html

I made it this far... I had trouble with my background image once I started trying to build it out to be responsive. it wouldn't stay as a cover image?...did anyone else have trouble with this? I definitely still feel fumbly, but it's starting to coalesce more and more, it's basic, but so are my skills at this point.
Aloha --------------Kirsten Pargas

Cole_Richards

Re: project 03 final!!!!

Post by Cole_Richards »

This is great! The background image gives the whole design a really nice vibe! The font is a great choice as well
Cole Richards (Betes Boy)

Mike_Chavez123

Post by Mike_Chavez123 »

Superb i enjoy every bit of it

Samantha_Thomas

Post by Samantha_Thomas »

At first, I was confused about what exactly It was until I clicked the screen and got into the web page.
I love that small unique detail to it. Excellent job, and it looks perfect.
Maybe put a small word like "click anywhere" tho on the opening portion for those of us who are dumb like me.
Samantha Thomas

mck775

Post by mck775 »

Your site is amazing! The font, colors, and art is consistent and unified. Keep it up :)

Megan Greaves

Post by Megan Greaves »

You definitely succeeded in making a hostile website more sleek and modern looking.... and just as hostile. The simplicity works well for it because it's a site not out to impress people with fancy gimmicks. The background on the home page almost seems too nice. It creates the illusion of physical space. I also appreciate the text in the tabs. Very characteristic of the site. XD Well done.

Fatkid53

Post by Fatkid53 »

I love the concept, the tongue in cheek approach and the layout. It is so well done I don't really have anything to complain about. Maybe a larger font for readability? but that doesn't seem to go with youe theme.
James P. Cowan

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

"Go Away." Okay, those are some genius freaking page titles. I like the way you're just leaning into the misanthropy of the source material. Also, the corporate headquarters in a one room cabin with a server farm in it on Bouvet Island. Just, A+ working with the source material.

I like the faux-'80s design. The colors all work together and your home page font is pure '80's terminal look. Like they have a modern-ish website as a nod to the fact that they're doing business in the 21st century but thay have strong opinions about what a terrible mistake it was that computers stopped being beige. It's not retro-cool, it's retro-uncool. For all your backgrounds and odd fonts, I have no problem reading the thing. Your navigation is easy to see and use. Nice drop down menu, too. Good sue of margin and padding through the whole layout. Everything seems to have room to breathe.

Your background image issues stem from the fact that a full page background image also needs a "background-position: center center;" and "background-attachment: fixed;" properties in it's CSS. That keeps it centered and locked down so it doesn't run away on you like yours does.

Good work!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

yenny

Post by yenny »

What you got going on so far is so cool. The background is so cool. The drop shadow on all the fonts is so cool. I also love how clean it all ties together. I also love the drop menu being on the side like that.
Yen N.

Ericha Eberhart

Post by Ericha Eberhart »

Hi! I love your splash page! The initial click interaction is great for drawing in the viewer and your home page completes the vibe well. Nice Work!
-Ericha Eberhart :D