project_03_final

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
Mike_Chavez123

project_03_final

Post by Mike_Chavez123 »

Link: https://www.grc175.com/student/spring-2 ... index.html

My Project is based on not only a reflection of myself but on a pharmacy website. I've done a bit of modifications to project 2 to work together with project 3. It's based off medication and toxics, an online pharmacy over drive-in. Delivered straight to your home rather than local pickups. Its website colors are to match that of a lab coat (white).

Hello, my name is Mike Chavez and I'm a proud GRC 175 student. I've learned a tremendous amount about web designing thanks to our instructor Ganschow-Green. I currently attend TMCC and am going towards my A.A. degree in GRC.

This project meets requirements for having all 5 pages linked to project 2 working together. Has photos and text, .css and .html for each web page.

Bad Designed Websites:

https://wholesalemeatscoventry.co.uk/
http://www.mrbottles.com/
http://jamilin.com/

I main http://jamilin.com/ as a redesigned website for project 3. Turning it into a pharmacy over crystals.

Cole_Richards

Re: project_03_final

Post by Cole_Richards »

Hi, it seems that you haven't linked your css to your html page, i looked at the code and the link isn't there, i noticed the same on your project 2 page
Cole Richards (Betes Boy)

kpargs

Post by kpargs »

Hi Mike, welp yup it looks like a lab coat, you nailed it.
Aloha --------------Kirsten Pargas

Samantha_Thomas

Post by Samantha_Thomas »

I don't think your CSS is connecting correctly to the web page but based on all the information this would. But it also kinda fits in a boring medical way which appears to be a medical thing so definitely fits the mood. Ill come look at it again when the css gets connected properly.
Samantha Thomas

Fatkid53

Post by Fatkid53 »

Well I like your presentation and the idea behind it. I would hit the CSS hard to clean it up and then represent if it interests you. I like that your copy is on the page and your links outside of the site work well.
James P. Cowan

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

I don't see a CSS link here, so we're seeing your HTML. I'll give you critique on that, but I would have liked to see it styled.

For all it's unstyled HTML research paper looks, the site IS actually working. You've got all five pages and I can see and read content on every one of 'em. They navigate too. Your pages have page titles. And your HTML is, by and large, nicely laid out. Structurally this thing is really sound. I'm able to get all of the content from it and easily find the navigation. You've got a search bar that I can interact with, well before I had shown you guys form elements. You've got good bones here, Mike.

As mentioned previously, this page would have really benefitted from some CSS. Also, you have a broken link for your "pharmacy_background.jpg" image.

Good effort!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

yenny

Post by yenny »

I like the grey background. I'm liking how your email links. I haven't even done that yet.
Yen N.

Ericha Eberhart

Post by Ericha Eberhart »

Hi! As I'm sure you know, your css is not hooked up, but your content looks nice and thorough. Nice content!
-Ericha Eberhart :D

Meghna_Misson

Post by Meghna_Misson »

Hey Mike,
I don't think you had set up your coding correctly, the images don't open up and everything is aligned to the left-side only. I can't really say much about this website for this critique, sorry!
Meghna Misson - student

zandrews

Post by zandrews »

Hi Mike!

Well for starters - good effort. I am STILL working on getting my project 3 site live but unfortunately I dont think it's going to happen in time for some critique tonight. Hopefully by this weekend though.

Anyways yeah there are so definite problems with your CSS linking with your HTML here. This is definitely not styled at all but you do at least have the bare bones here laid out in HTML which is better than nothing. I am struggling a lot as well but just keep working at it! Eventually you'll start making something come together. I unfortunately am too stubborn to post mine until it is fully where I want it to be or at least close to it.

Keep up the good effort and we're almost to the end of the semester! One more project to go! You got this! :)

Best,
Zach