Project 03 Final

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.

food

Yes
50%
Maybe
33%
No
No votes
Not Sure
17%

Total votes: 6

Cole_Richards

Project 03 Final

Post by Cole_Richards »

Well howdy there! This project was a blast, and also painful, but I am so happy with how it came out and how much my skills have improved in the past few months, one Monday of non stop coding from 10 am to 10 pm, with a little tweaking here and there, and bam, a baby website! You may notice some pictures of cats sleeping, I added those as placeholder and they felt appropriate. The for sale, discussion, and electronics pages work, the pages scale with the width of the screen, there are 2 or 3 working slideshows and one map inside the sales page. Enjoy!

https://www.grc175.com/student/spring-2 ... index.html
Cole Richards (Betes Boy)

kpargs

Re: Project 03 Final

Post by kpargs »

Hey Cole,
I like how you added the peace sign to the header tab, well done, I also like how you added the search craiglist feature and I'm a fan of the soothing lavander/purple. great job.
Aloha --------------Kirsten Pargas

Mike_Chavez123

Post by Mike_Chavez123 »

I support your web design all the way

Samantha_Thomas

Post by Samantha_Thomas »

I love those cat pictures and how nice you made it look now compared to how it was before. definitely gives off the calm vibe you want when shopping for whatever it is you may be looking for.
Samantha Thomas

chefspencer

Post by chefspencer »

All you need to add now are the weird bots that want to trade oddly specific items for your listing! I really like how this feels. It still has the clunky styling of the original site, but it definitely serves as an upgrade. Like Craigslist discovered what CSS is lol. Great job! :)
~Spencer Ellison

mck775

Post by mck775 »

Very well done! The colors are nice, true to craigslist and its vibe. And the nav is very usable and easy. I feel like most people want to use the site and then be done with it. So the fact that it is straight to point and clear is vital.

Fatkid53

Post by Fatkid53 »

Another great simple layout that puts the content first and looks definitely cleaner than the previous website. I might tinker with the scaling and I would love to see where more of the links go, otherwise a good all around job.
James P. Cowan

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Wow! You have come a LONG way, Cole. It's growth like this that I find really motivating.

So Craigslist is now a website where we can buy and sell cats, eh? Figures. You certainly have improved on the original. That front and center search bar and nav is nice. Really drives the user in deeper into the website right away. And I hadn't even gone over forms when you were building this. I like the large featured listings on the home page, too. A fun way to highlight interesting stuff. I can't believe you managed to work a "do you have stairs in your house" reference. The structure of the page and how it leads they eye through it is pretty darn decent. Good use of margins and padding throughout the design as well. Nothing feels crowded or visually rushed. I think my favorite little detail is that you have the peace sign as a favicon as well. That's a nice little touch considering that I haven't even gone over them yet. Nice 404 error page too.

I think your big nav buttons probably would have looked better in the warm purple of your logo and headline. Your serif title clashes a bit with the sans-serif everything else in your site. I think it would have looked better sans-serif.

Nice work!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

yenny

Post by yenny »

I definitely hate how the real Craigslist looks and I think your design is way cuter to look at. They should hire you. I also really like the color choice, it's not bland or boring. It's engaging. It's also a lot cleaner and organized.
Yen N.

Ericha Eberhart

Post by Ericha Eberhart »

Hi! I like that the focus of your page goes to the buttons, I don't know how long I have spent on craigslist just looking for the right button! Nice start!
-Ericha Eberhart :D