Project 2 David Bjerre

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
Dave

Project 2 David Bjerre

Post by Dave »

http://www.grc175.com/student/fall_2011 ... index.html

Here's my site. i had trouble getting all the divs to work on the home page for the categories. it seems to me that the layout of it lends itself more to javascript or something rather than divs......
David Bjerre

I found sand!

TinaBodden

Re: Project 2 David Bjerre

Post by TinaBodden »

I like the background of your website. The homepage is a little confusing to me. There isn't enough information to let you know whats going on but once you get to your constructed pages they are set up well.
~Tina Bodden~

miss_kristine

Post by miss_kristine »

I think it's a definite improvement from the original site. I like the artistic quality of your design. Slightly larger body copy might help.
Kristine Toward

smith206

Post by smith206 »

Your navigation is really confusing, mainly with the colors and your hover colors. I do like how you emphasized the order button though, cant miss that one. I enjoy the subtle background imagery and your overall layout of the rest of the site though.
Kyle Smith

olddragon

Post by olddragon »

A very ambitious design. I think it is great. My one suggestion, if it is possible I don't know, is to have a little less transparency beneath the text so the background right there doesn't compete quite so much. I wouldn't have a clue how to do it, so take that suggestion with a grain of salt.
Arlene Williams
Old dragons get tired but they can still flame. Beware!

Vi_Vi

Post by Vi_Vi »

The homepage is a little confusing to me as well, I didn't know where to start, because the links or boxes in the center of the page are the same color and shape as the navigations on the top of the page. But I like your background image, and the overall layout of the site.
Vy Tat...

zelouzelou

Post by zelouzelou »

David, it's awesome! It's different than what I was anticipating based on the roughs you had shown, but I think the idea is great! Good choice on the font and interesting colors. My only thought is that on pages that are mainly text, the page layout seems a little loose. Your overall design has a very strong grid like structure, emphasized by the color blocking and rectangular poster images. I feel like the text has much less structure in comparison.
Kathyleen Bullard

mminten

Post by mminten »

Love it! Colors are great, the font works perfect for the site. The only problem I had was finding which ones were the buttons on the home page. Also you could maybe put a transparent white background of the body (around 90 - 95 %) so that the text is easier to read but you can still see a little of the posters in the background.
Matthew Minten - GRC 175 - Fall 2011