Project02 Final

Post links to your Project Two websites for discussion and feedback.
James Hill

Project02 Final

Post by James Hill »

Hello,
For this project it has taught me that I will not be pursing a career in web design as I havent a clue what I am doing.
I have come up with something that resembles my preliminary, maybe who knows I cant figuren out how to get the website to work. At least I know how to use the tools as a separate and not a total. Im not expecting a good grade from this project. Thank you for seeing this dumpster fire.

https://www.grc175.com/student/spring-2022/james-hill/

Cole_Richards

Re: Project02 Final

Post by Cole_Richards »

For all it is, you got something in the end so that's worth something, checking out w3schools and just googling what you need seemed to help me a lot, keep working on it and you'll get it!
Cole Richards (Betes Boy)

Samantha_Thomas

Post by Samantha_Thomas »

Hey don't give up coding is really hard and needs practice.
At least you managed to get something in the end and that counts for something so good job there.
take this as a learning experience for your future.
Samantha Thomas

Ericha Eberhart

Post by Ericha Eberhart »

Hi James!
I know your intended website looked a lot different but this website isn't that bad! Yes, you had issues but at least you got your CSS to connect and you even got an image on it! One thing I have been coming to realize about HTML is to not overthink it. But Cole is right about the Googs, anything you have a question about is bound to be on the internet somewhere! I have faith in you to make this great.
-Ericha Eberhart :D

Elle Barre

Post by Elle Barre »

James, Relatively speaking, this is a masterpiece. It is impressive: it's got color, it's got focus, it's got design, it's got your smiling face (good choice), I can read it, I could operate this website and so could my 90 year-old parents, or pre-verbal children--they'd put their hand right on your face, so make it a link when you figure out how to, and, then talk details in the chat room which we have to get going for now and future mutual consulting, because web page design could be a moneymaker when you need it. Put your voice in there somehow, someday, make a rollover with a link to a vocal, you've got a really nice voice, good for voice-overs. USE EVERYTHING YOU HAVE. You have completed the assignment, it looks good, and therefore, I would give you an A. :- )
~ Elle Barre

Mike_Chavez123

Post by Mike_Chavez123 »

Way to get it uploaded. Outstanding.

Fatkid53

Post by Fatkid53 »

I actually like the simplicity of this site and it seems to put your personality on the forefront, which I am always down for. But dude, I am dying for some interaction with the site itself, maybe a hover color change or a button animation maybe a small drop-shadow? It is a great start but it is begging for content to draw attention. Otherwise a good start and I look forward to where this may go.
James P. Cowan

squidgola33

Post by squidgola33 »

I definitely don't think this is a dumpster file lol. I think you have a really great start here. I am having a tough time with this coding too. in my head it just doesn't make sense. progress is progress! I think this looks worlds better than mine tbh and your work can only get better with more practice. hey, at least you turned this assignment in on time, mines late so you won't be able to see the monstrosity that is my website. I think this website is what they're supposed to be looking like at this stage. I mean this is only an intro class!

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

It's a cut better than a dumpster fire, James. Though I'm glad you figured out at this early point that web design is not for you. It's part of why we require this class.

You've got yourself a nice, clean little website here. A very simple layout that makes good use of contrast. I like your blue background color. It makes for a soothing, neutral color that works well to backstop your content. The overall layout is working too. Everything is nicely placed and it's easy to find your Project buttons. Your bold font makes for a good title and navigation font. Those really stand out. The whole layout sort of points down from your name to your photo. An interesting progression. It's like a funnel.

I would have probably gone with a lighter font for your bodycopy, the bold one you have kinda runs together at smaller sizes. The default link blue clashes with the background. I'm not sure your photo needed the white bars at the edges.

Good effort!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

zandrews

Post by zandrews »

Hi James!

Great start to getting your site alive and running! Your buttons for projects 3 & 4 work very well! :)

My main constructive critique of your site is, as James said, is begging for more content around the page - there is just a lot of empty space and everything being centered aligned just leaves the eye wanting for more to look at. Not sure if this is your first time doing html and css as well but let me tell you - I had to spend hours combing through all my code and the lectures to figure out what I needed to do (and I still don't know how well I actually coded everything on the back-end lol). Anyways my point is just keep attacking it and experimenting and you'll get your site more fleshed out after a lot of trial and error.

Don't give up! You have a great foundation here though! Just a tip of what helped me - try playing with the padding, margins and spacing of your elements and you'll be putting stuff all over this page in no time! Great effort and keep at it! :)

Best,
Zach