Project03Roughs!!

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
TSUL

Project03Roughs!!

Post by TSUL »

For my 'Bad Website' I am going to renovate the horrific site of the Reno Local Tommy's Grandstand Grill and Deli. I am going to show more roughs of this site, my ADHD got the best of me today and instead of exporting my files as Pngs and saving all of my links, I hyper focused on cleaning out my downloads section on my Mac and lost many links. So here is my recovered rough draft that I will provide BEFORE MIDNIGHT and more will soon come as I dive into the deep abyss of my previous destructive photoshop workflow. :?: :idea: :?: :idea: :geek: :ugeek:
bad_web.png
bad_mobile.png
Tyler Sullivan

TSUL

Re: Project03Roughs!!

Post by TSUL »

Another set of Rough Drafts to bless your eyes
bad_web02.png
bad_mobile02.png
Tyler Sullivan

TSUL

Post by TSUL »

AND HERE ARE THE REST OF THEM IN ALL THEIR BEAUTY
bad_web03.png
bad_mobile03.png
bad_web04.png
bad_mobile04.png
Tyler Sullivan

Cole_Richards

Post by Cole_Richards »

I really like your designs! They are all well done, with a nice use of color and well made layouts, I really like the concept of the chalk-board looking one, thats a really interesting concept and has a lot of interesting ways of using that concept. I might change the background, or make the chalkboard a bit bigger, but otherwise I'm excited to see what you come up with!
Cole Richards (Betes Boy)

Elle Barre

Post by Elle Barre »

You weren't kidding about how horrible their current webpage is, my eyes are still buggin':

https://www.tommysgrandstand.com/index_2.html

So, your redesigns are just perfect for what a burger joint should be: easy to read, nothing superfluous, appetizing colors. And pictures. These are both workable designs. Nice job.
Last edited by Elle Barre on Wed Mar 30, 2022 2:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
~ Elle Barre

kpargs

Post by kpargs »

Hi Tyler,

ai, ai, ai yes that ones bad. So honestly I think you could run with any of these concepts, their all a solid improvement.
Aloha --------------Kirsten Pargas

Fatkid53

Post by Fatkid53 »

I think I would go with the red and yellow design if I am understanding which roughs go with which at this point. Simple and clean with a clean UI potential, but including awesome drawing with real pics. The only thing I think I might mess with is the over composition of the layout by playing with the relation of the nav size to the center image size, I think you have all the right pieces but need to just play with the hierarchy of how they present to the user when they pull up the site. Love your illustrative concepts.
James P. Cowan

Samantha_Thomas

Post by Samantha_Thomas »

I would go with the first design you did.
It simplifies the website of a burger joint, but it keeps the original color pallet keeping the feeling the owners wanted to give off initially with the colors.
But if you don't want to then any of the basic designs should work. I would recommend going with the same color pallet as the original website, so this new one still gives off the same feeling.
Samantha Thomas

lilykmitch

Post by lilykmitch »

Hi!
My favorite one of your designs is the one with the cheeseburger. I think the corner graphics you added adds some interest and has a good layout started! I think that one is really great
Lily Mitchell :geek:

zandrews

Post by zandrews »

Hey Tyler!

Wow - nice job coming up with four very different and distinct redesign concepts for Tommy's! This doesn't happen very often but right away I was drawn to your third set with the burger picture (probably because Im starving lol). But really I love your use of color and shapes in this -it feels lively and directs your eye straight to the food. I love the concept of your first one as well as the second but I felt the third was ultimately the strongest. The fourth is a good start but not enough energy to where I would say to pursue that design. Ultimately I guess the main thing is I would ask yourself in deciding which set you should go with is if Tommy's is a sport focused deli/grill or if its just a deli grill. If it's sports, the first one has a lot of potential but if its more of just a food focused deli/grill, I would go with option 3. Option 2 would also be excellent but I'd need to see some imagery of food in it.

Great start though on all of these and hopefully that helps in guiding you with which one to go with! Looking forward to seeing which one you pick and build off of! Great work! :)