Project01 Final

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
Ericha Eberhart

Re: Project01 Final

Post by Ericha Eberhart »

Hi James!
You have a great sense of hierarchy throughout your design, and all of your type is very legible. I also think your contrast of the white is great on your dark background. Nice work!
-Ericha Eberhart :D

Megan Greaves

Re: Project01 Final

Post by Megan Greaves »

Hello James,

I think that going with the space background theme was a good choice. The nebulae have enough colors in it on their own that it doesn't need color added, so the black/grey/white layout colors inform without distracting from it. But I do think that the big grey blocks do cover up a lot of that lovely background image. I think that if you instead made boxes that were darker than but still allowed the image to be seen through them, you could still have white text that popped off while also making the boxes diving up the content just a little bit more subtle. I don't know if the darker body copy could still be seen in this scenario but I suppose it could be something you could play around with a little bit if you choose to play with this idea. The lighter box floating in between the image and the darker background almost black box has a nice effect I think would also look good in the mobile version, although that would require the body copy moving into the bottom space like in the desktop version. The way it is, the navigation looks off-center. I would also give the email address a bit of room under it as it looks too close to the grey space below it. Nice job!