Project01 Final

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
James Hill

Project01 Final

Post by James Hill »

Hello friends,
Here are my final designs. I went with the space design I made the designs a bit different, but kept most of what I had before. I took some of the advice like moving the galaxy to the top on the mobile design. I also removed the harsh red boxes. Changed the text color also. Its pretty much the same design just refined. I think I could still add to it which I will.
web_rough03.jpg
web_rough02.jpg

Elle Barre

Re: Project01 Final

Post by Elle Barre »

Nice, simple, approachable. Beautiful night sky... I'd raise up the photo in the mobile size to include the bright parts of it. Other than that, you made your life real simple by just making it minimal, elegant, no frills: Half work, half play. :- )
~ Elle Barre

kpargs

Post by kpargs »

Hi James,
I like the unity you made with these designs, I don't know if you thought about playing with the opacity of your very large grey boxes at all, but it might let the night sky show through and soften the feel a bit.
Aloha --------------Kirsten Pargas

Meghna_Misson

Post by Meghna_Misson »

Hey James,
Great work! I'm glad that you had kept the galaxy photo and moved it to the top in the mobile format as well, it creates a good sense of consistency between both formats that the user can depend on when visiting your site! I also do enjoy the hierarchy you had created in the text as well, especially in the computer-sized design because of how your name is the first to catch my attention along with the project buttons on the side. My only nitpicks about your final design would be: that sense of hierarchy is somewhat lost in your mobile design (whereas, your name and project buttons are fighting with one another due to being almost the same text size and the gray rectangle being more than halfway on the background--and your project buttons are winning. Meaning, it seems that your name is less important to these subtitles. So I suggest moving the rectangle back down to where your composition is split equally or decreasing the size of your project buttons so that your name is read first); and doing something more with the gray rectangle (I think you could lower down its opacity just a bit to where it's visible but also not conflicting with the text elements on top of it). But other than that, your final designs satisfies the project's requirements well and I can't wait to see how you improve it later on through the rest of the course! Good job!
Meghna Misson - student

Fatkid53

Post by Fatkid53 »

Hello,
I like your new layout and I always dig on some astronomy photos. I enjoy the way you have your layout with the content front and center so the UI is clear and straight forward. I wonder however if it would not help the balance a bit if you took down the opacity of the projects box? Overall a neat design.
James
James P. Cowan

lilykmitch

Post by lilykmitch »

Hi James
I really like what you turned this into. Especially the desktop version it looks really good. If i were to do anything differently it would maybe make your mobile version more like that so the grey is taking over the cool background.
Lily Mitchell :geek:

squidgola33

Post by squidgola33 »

I really like the spacey theme you went with here, I think if you played around with the opacity of your grey boxes your spacey theme would show a bit more, its hard to determine the space vibe when the space is being covered up.

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Ooooh! Spacy!

This design is made by the selection of your background image. That starfield immediately adds depth and visual interest as well as gives your whole layout a futuristic feel. The lack of color in the overall design is not a problem. There's more than enough color in those nebulas. Good use of contrast through the design, both in the blunt contrast of the white text on dark background and more subtly, between your warm gray and your black. A bold decision to make your text black against the warm gray in your computer design, but it stands out enough to read and it keeps your bolder bodycopy from getting too shouty. Your type is well selected. It's clean and techy enough to fit with the futuristic look but also hard and geometric enough to work with your layout blocks. Pretty good use of margins on your computer design as well. I like the sectioning and split areas of your compyter layout as well. Very visually striking.

I think it would have been better if your navigation on your mobile version had been moved down a bit more to give more margin to the bottom of your email. I also don't think the text box was necessary on your mobile layout. Your starfield was dark enough to display it. Also, it's a little tight to the bottom of your name and TMCC logo.

Nice work!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

Lucky_Penny

Post by Lucky_Penny »

Hi James

Nice design its simple and clean, the only advice to give is instead of using gray maybe lower the opacity or change it to a blue-violet to match your background
𝐿𝒾𝓋₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥

TSUL

Post by TSUL »

Hey James,

Very simple layouts and very easy to understand and navigate. There's definitely no getting lost on these layouts which is good! Nice job.

-Tyler
Tyler Sullivan