Project 2 - Matthew Minten

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
mminten

Project 2 - Matthew Minten

Post by mminten »

Matthew Minten - GRC 175 - Fall 2011

brienicole

Re: Project 2 - Matthew Minten

Post by brienicole »

I like the wood, I dont love the drop shadow on the footer text. I think it would look fine flat. Also with the menu bar and then your photos also sort of being a menu bar its a bit redundant and probably not needed. But again the wood looks nice and the color scheme is nice. I like the slideshow...( hehe)
~Brianne Porterfield
"What a crazy random happenstance!"

smith206

Post by smith206 »

I also enjoy the wood and I like the train logo. I did notice one thing you may want to change, on the support us page the sub-navigation in the main area doesn't stay there when you click on one of the links. So it makes users click the back button if they want to go back or accidentally clicked on the wrong one. Just something to think about. Other than that it look great.
Kyle Smith

miss_kristine

Post by miss_kristine »

I like your logo. It is very good visually, traditional qualities like the wood grain and torn paper edge. I like the slide show, nice touch, Very good redesign.
Kristine Toward

mminten

Post by mminten »

brienicole wrote:Also with the menu bar and then your photos also sort of being a menu bar its a bit redundant and probably not needed.
I agree about the image navigation is redundant but it was requested by the client. I'll see if I can convince them to make it just pics instead of links.
Matthew Minten - GRC 175 - Fall 2011

TinaBodden

Post by TinaBodden »

I really like how warm and welcoming your site is. The rollovers on the images are really cool and creative. The wood texture works well with your layout. Nice work.
~Tina Bodden~

olddragon

Post by olddragon »

I think they will love your site. Looks like it is almost done as well. It is hard to come up with a suggestion... perhaps maybe the text not quite so close to the right sidebar?
Really great job that is very well done.
Arlene Williams
Old dragons get tired but they can still flame. Beware!

Vi_Vi

Post by Vi_Vi »

I enjoy the site, especially the slideshow. I like the wood, and the side notes with the upcoming events, hours, etc. Nice site!
Vy Tat...

Dave

Post by Dave »

i love the logo! however, i think to make it more effective, you should make the train look more like it's engraved into the wood like the text. nice site overall!
David Bjerre

I found sand!

jfotodesign

Post by jfotodesign »

love the site! first thing i open popped right out to me very easy to read =D
my Kia beats