Project 1 Final

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
Ericha Eberhart

Project 1 Final

Post by Ericha Eberhart »

Hi All! So for my final layout I went with the picture of my pupper simply because it gave better flow to the design. I added a tiny bit more color to tie everything together and made sure my spacing and alignment were precise. Most of my work after the first critique was on my mobile layout as my content was very cramped in the center of the layout. I took Mr. Ganschow-Green's advice and spread everything out and moved the project buttons to be in a horizontal line to give breathability.

Here is some of my inspiration:
https://www.shillingtoneducation.com/bl ... portfolio/
https://hellomagda.com/
https://www.lisamaltby.com/
https://hnscreations.com.au/
175mobile_final.jpg
175Web_final.jpg
-Ericha Eberhart :D

piratek

Re: Project 1 Final

Post by piratek »

How can you go wrong with a doggo? So much I like here, all the elements working together, from the logo and the "Hello I am" to the placement of that adorable pupperoni.The only thing I might like differently is bigger body copy on the web design, but all and all I really really like these.

some people call me Kevin McCray

mck775

Post by mck775 »

Hello Ericha! I love the colors and font of your two designs, and of course the dog. :) I also like the small touch of putting in bold, "Design is my main passion," catching the user's eye and emphasizing this point. Just a small critique, I think that your project list could be moved a little to the right to be a little more centered via the dog, the left side of the screen, and your logo. But regardless, your designs work really well.

Megan Greaves

Post by Megan Greaves »

Hey Ericha!

I'm glad you went with pup! Can't go wrong with pupper. Almost wish I had gone with my own pupper in my designs. Alas. I especially like how it looks like he's looking at your name in the desktop version. You can just read the love in his little doggie face. Design-wise they're both easy to navigate and there aren't any distracting elements. The edges all line up nicely too. Well done. :D

Cole_Richards

Post by Cole_Richards »

Hi Ericha, your designs look fantastic! I love how you brought in the color from your logo and used that, the layout is really well done and the navigation is in a really smart place. For the mobile design you could make the doggo pic a bit bigger to fill up that bottom part a bit more. Really well done!
Cole Richards (Betes Boy)

Mike_Chavez123

Post by Mike_Chavez123 »

I like your designs, I’d put them up for a pet shop, some animal shelter type of online web page. Looking good.

zandrews

Post by zandrews »

Hey There Ericha!

Awww your layout just instantly hits me right in the feels being a huge dog lover myself. Such a cute photo and it works incredibly well with the layout of your site. It's almost as if the dog is reading your about me section! Speaking of the about me, I really love how to graphically typed that out with the Hello line being bigger than the rest of the text along with your name and how it carries over your cactus green color from your logo and the navigation.

Additionally, the negative space is excellent and gives the overall aesthetic so much room to breathe and it just has a very clean, professional looking feel to it. Your logo design is also well thought out and it goes well with your font choices. Your navigation is also very simple, clean and is placed perfectly being right above the dog. Same with your mobile design as well. The only suggestion I would offer is perhaps add a home button to both layouts just so that whenever someone goes into one of your project pages, they have easy access back to your home page/about me.

Overall, fantastic layout and definitely a great inspiration/example of positive and negative space which is a very hard balance to find , especially for a web page. Great work! :)

Samantha_Thomas

Post by Samantha_Thomas »

Hi erica
I like your puppy, and how you went with it and all the color added makes it look even better.
I can see why you bolded the letters in your paragraph, and I love and hate it.
I love it cause, yay that's your main focus, but I'm not too fond of it cause its more prominent than the rest of the words. So for that, it's up to you if you want to keep it besides that excellent job.
Samantha Thomas

yenny

Post by yenny »

Hey Erica,

I definitely love the puppy! It's super cute and fun! The layout is super clean and organized and I think you give everything enough space to breathe. It's just overall perfect! I love the hint of green and the aesthetic it's really pretty and easy to look at. I also love your logo!
Yen N.

lilykmitch

Post by lilykmitch »

Hi Ericha
I love this final layout! It looks super clean and reflects who you are! I think adding the dog is super cute and personal to you and i love that! And of course your logo is great too.
Lily Mitchell :geek: