Project 2 All Done

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
Lundholm

Project 2 All Done

Post by Lundholm »

Project 2 is all done http://www.grc175.com/student/fall_2011 ... index.html
Hope you all like it. I haven't time to redesign it again.
- Nathan Lundholm

brienicole

Re: Project 2 All Done

Post by brienicole »

I dont love your scrolling bar, Id rather your page just be longer? It would fit on most screens now days. It also needs some color somewhere, maybe a banner of some sorts? but better that your first draft for sure.
~Brianne Porterfield
"What a crazy random happenstance!"

smith206

Post by smith206 »

holly hell give me a search bar lol. Thats a long list, must have taken a while to do that. Color would be nice. I think you should have moved that scroll bar to the right side and just fixed that image so your scroll bar isnt just floating in the middle of your page.
Kyle Smith

miss_kristine

Post by miss_kristine »

Overall it's a nice design. I think it should be slightly larger so you can view all the content without having to scroll. I also think a little more of a change between rollover status would help distinguish the roll overs
Kristine Toward

TinaBodden

Post by TinaBodden »

Much better than preliminary critique but I agree with everyone that your website would benefit from a larger format. I also think if you would have used a textures background with color your site would be more appealing to the viewers.
~Tina Bodden~

olddragon

Post by olddragon »

I will disagree with other posts here. I think the scroll bars are fine. Some of that text is very long, and routine... I wouldn't want to see it all on one page at once. It would make me crazy. For the type of site and information you have keep the scroll bars, even if you make it a little bit larger. I like how you organized the rare coin page with all the links to the different sections. Very good for this type of information. You site will need to handle a lot of information that can be easily changed, and visitors to your site will be a very specific audience, so they may not need a fancy design, just something straightforward and clear. But it still would be nice to have a little more color.
Arlene Williams
Old dragons get tired but they can still flame. Beware!

Vi_Vi

Post by Vi_Vi »

I have never been to any coin site before so I don't know how it should or could look like, but the overall of your site is good. I don't really like the rollovers on the nav, and there's too much info and not enough images imo, but agree with Tina, this one is much better than the one on prelim
Vy Tat...

mminten

Post by mminten »

The site works to get the info out there but it is a lot of info. I agree with Vy that it could use a little more imagery.
Matthew Minten - GRC 175 - Fall 2011

Dave

Post by Dave »

i like the general layout of the site, it's easy to navigate and understand. i feel like the site is kind of bland. a higher contrast color scheme with some more colors i think would help that
David Bjerre

I found sand!