Project Two. Vy Tat (fixed)

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
Vi_Vi

Project Two. Vy Tat (fixed)

Post by Vi_Vi »

http://www.grc175.com/student/fall_2011 ... t_two.html

For some reason, the site is out of place when it's opened in IE and safari unless you adjust the size of the screen, but it's fine in firefox and I don't know how to fix it...but it's done..finally!
Last edited by Vi_Vi on Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:37 am, edited 5 times in total.
Vy Tat...

smith206

Re: Project Two. Vy Tat

Post by smith206 »

Not sure what you mean about out of place. Its centred in the browser with IE and Firefox, maybe you mean something else. Anyway looking at your site you have some major contrast issues going on. Your navigation text is probably the worst effected but your body copy on each page is not far behind. Quick fix would be to just darken them or turn your body copy to that blue color but the bright one rgb(20,205,205) not the lighter one. Since it looks like your navigation is buttons you would need to go in and change the font in the software you did them in and replace the old images in your site...unless then are transparent then just darken the lighter blue background of your page to get better contrast with the type, but that might change the balance of your page so darkening the type is what I would do.

Apart from that I really like how your people look at the bottom of the page and how they appear to be cut outs. I like the overall feel of your site as well I think you captured the kid vibe quite nicely.
Kyle Smith

mminten

Post by mminten »

I'd have to agree with Kyle it is really hard to read your body text and your navigation text.
Matthew Minten - GRC 175 - Fall 2011

Vi_Vi

Post by Vi_Vi »

i fixed the color for the body text, but will have to wait until after class to fix the navigations. thanks for the comments :)
Vy Tat...

brienicole

Post by brienicole »

I agree with kyle, the kids are fun and cute, I would love to actually see them on your index page as well. It adds some ummmphh to it.
~Brianne Porterfield
"What a crazy random happenstance!"

miss_kristine

Post by miss_kristine »

Cute design. I like how the main imagery stays the same while the window changes to include each pages information. I think that the top two buttons are hare to read against the yellow background. Perhaps an increase in size overall on all the buttons, as well as different text color.
Kristine Toward

zelouzelou

Post by zelouzelou »

This is alot different than the layouts you presented for precrit! It is fun, but I agree about the contrast issues. I think the size of the navigation is on the small side also. I think you could make the navigation buttons and words much more dominant.
Kathyleen Bullard

TinaBodden

Post by TinaBodden »

Great website. It came out really cute and friendly. I like that the only part of the site that changes is your information box. Keeps the site easy but also informational.
~Tina Bodden~

olddragon

Re: Project Two. Vy Tat (fixed)

Post by olddragon »

Now that it hangs together I don't see the issues others have mentioned with the body copy, etc. Very good job. All your illustrator work is great. The cutout kids give it real dimension. It would be an easy site for the school to use and update the information as needed. It would get the information across in a clear and easy to navigate way.
Arlene Williams
Old dragons get tired but they can still flame. Beware!

mminten

Re: Project Two. Vy Tat (fixed)

Post by mminten »

Looks much better now! I love the cutout kids. It may be that I am trying to do too much but online right now or that my internet is slow but some of the images to a little bit to load. You may want to double check to see if you can adjust their size a little.
Matthew Minten - GRC 175 - Fall 2011