Bries Project Two up.

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
brienicole

Bries Project Two up.

Post by brienicole »

So I have more than 5 pages technically, but they are just sorta coming soon pages. I do see that there is a glitch in my java script on my slide show but that can be fixed at a later date If i dont get to it by monday. Im just happy its in and working..I was having issues with the bottom menu on the classes page going past the footer if i had my text too long.. so I may need to work some of that out. and Im sure other small issues. But for whats due on Monday I think I have a good start.

http://www.grc175.com/student/fall_2011 ... index.html :P
~Brianne Porterfield
"What a crazy random happenstance!"

olddragon

Re: Bries Project Two up.

Post by olddragon »

I love your slideshow. Very cool. Site looks really nice, great graphics. Clear, simple style, easy to see where to go to get info needed. One small thing... the text in the blue box on the homepage looks bunched at the top... that could be margins or padding. I don't know which. I just try things to see what works.

As far as text spilling over... Michael showed me how to do it last class... of course it took me a whole day to make it work so that the box expands vertically and the footer moves down. Could I explain it to you? No chance.
It has to do with clear properties, but I learned you have to get them in the right place or it doesn't work.
He said to add a div below the container that is spilling over like <div id="clear></div> and then in CSS choose clear:both. Clear is right below the float in the box area I believe. no margins or width on the clear, just both.

He said: remember to not specify any height on the container div, make sure that the clear div is after all your floating elements and make sure that there is no float in your clear div style, only clear.

I had to put the clear in twice. Once after the container that held my text, and onced after the overall container that held the middle contents, so it was right before the footer div.
I also added some line breaks at the end of my text so the box doesn't end at the last line of text, I think it is <br />

If that makes sense to you, then you are a genius. Like I said, it took me a day to get it to work, but now it works beautifully. If I can get my site up there so you can see if it is what you need. Not sure if I can accomplish that very soon. See how it goes.
Arlene Williams
Old dragons get tired but they can still flame. Beware!

olddragon

Post by olddragon »

Just to add a note: I didn't put the clear in after the div containing the text. I put it in after the container that the text div was in, and then put another clear div in again after the overall container end div that held the first clear div.

Gosh, this is so hard to explain.

By the way, did you have any trouble uploading project 2 and not eliminating project 1? Is there any trick to it?
Arlene Williams
Old dragons get tired but they can still flame. Beware!

miss_kristine

Post by miss_kristine »

Fabulous redesign Bri. I think you have done a great job fixing this site. The navigation is easy to follow, the flowing swooping graphic elements compliment the gymnastics well. Good luck pitching it!
Kristine Toward

smith206

Post by smith206 »

Great looking site. I like the graphics and your layout etc etc etc. your like my 10th post tired of saying good job this good job that. Getting to the technical problem you are having it is because you site has a hard coded height. There are several changed you can make to enable your site to preform with any length of font. What you need to do is split your site in half, so there is a div middle that can expand. Don't specify a height in your #wrapper and let your #middle expand to whatever font length is needed. It may require some more work but that would be how I would fix it. That is easier said than done if you don't know how to do it, if you care that much I can show you how during my lab hours Tuesday 3-9 or Wednesday 6-9.
Kyle Smith

mminten

Post by mminten »

Great design, I like the twisted line graphics, makes me think of gymnasts twisting in the air. I think that you could have kept some of the color from your roughs. Maybe just change the buttons on the interior pages from gray to another color.
Matthew Minten - GRC 175 - Fall 2011

Vi_Vi

Post by Vi_Vi »

There's really nothing bad or things I dislike or would like to see changes on your re-designed site. It's great! :)
Vy Tat...

Dave

Post by Dave »

i love everything about it! but the rollover for the shooting stars page isn't working....
David Bjerre

I found sand!

TinaBodden

Post by TinaBodden »

Looks awesome. I really like the choice of colors you picked. The slide show came out great and gives the home page a fun factor.
~Tina Bodden~

brienicole

Post by brienicole »

David. it works in all but chrome.. so I dont know whats happening there
~Brianne Porterfield
"What a crazy random happenstance!"