project03 final

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
hannahp

project03 final

Post by hannahp »

https://www.grc175.com/student/spring-2 ... index.html

Just like most I'm sure, I had more than a few struggles with this one but overall I'm not unhappy with the result. I tried to go for simplicity simply because I thought it would look nice with this restaurants branding and overall style. Of course criticism is always welcome. Plenty I could change and work on down the line, but for now I feel like it turned out better than I thought I would be able to accomplish so that's always nice.

Anayik

Re: project03 final

Post by Anayik »

Hi Hannah,

I'm OBSESSED with the pizza illustration you chose...it fits so perfectly with the casual simplicity of the page. I also love how it flows off the page in both directions...makes for a super visually pleasing composition.

I'm not so sure about the red. It works well as far as a palette goes, but I think even one extra color takes away from this restaurant's look and feel. You did a good job finding a perfectly matching font to the logo, but I think choosing a lighter weight and making it slightly larger with more padding would give your site the perfect amount of contrast while still keeping it super minimal.

Good job! I also had fun watching their silly videos :)
Kiana Bohm

jacklyn_yamine

Post by jacklyn_yamine »

Hi Hannah,
That pizza line image in the background is awesome in giving some visual interest but still keeps things simple and clean. I like that you added a secondary color to the black and white theme but I'm not sure if the gradient is working too well for transitioning into the footer. It looks good and cool on the menu page as it fades from red to black but I would keep more of a solid red bar at the bottom of each page containing the contact info, which could also stand to be a little bigger and maybe not have the words 'contact us' and simply have the phone and email sitting next to each other in a single line.
JacklynYamine

kmohara5190

Post by kmohara5190 »

Hi Hannah,
Great website, all the transparent divs you made look really good over the background image! The pizza image was a great choice, it adds a lot of intrigue. Maybe adding a little more to the navigation or bottom of the webpage would make it more exciting. Good job!
Kierann O'Hara

Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Hi Hannah,
This turned out good! I'm digging the simplicity of it and it's super easy to navigate. I also like the colors you choose and the gradient! I would suggest making the text in the nav buttons a smidge bigger. Other than that, great job!
Kassandra Fuentes

kendall_the_mann

Post by kendall_the_mann »

Hi Hannah!

Gahh I'm so jealous!! This website is BEAUTIFUL I love the illustration of the pizza on the home page and your use of color and shadow and gradients, it's all so well done! The footer is just too good, I couldn't stop looking at it! Really awesome job :D
-Kendall Mann

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Alright, Hannah. I can't tell what's killing me more; the damn hipster logo or that pizza drawing. I think it's the pizza drawing. I've been tracing it with my finger on my work machine for like five minutes now. The dude's YouTube channel is basically a meme so this fits, I suppose.

Your color palette selections are very interesting. As I surf through this thing, I feel like I'm inside a pizza oven? Really great use of alpha transparency throughout this thing. It adds visual interest to what is a super clean layout. I especially like your gradient to transparency bodycopy backgrounds. I also like that you designed the thing to basically be mobile first, which works well across a whole ton of resolutions. Your type is easy to read. I like the drop shadow on your headlines and progress buttons. Your navigation is easy to see and use, too.

The big weakness of it is that it just needs pictures. The lack of pictures makes it feel plain in some places. They could really spice the whole thing up and give it some pizzaz, especially on the home page and menu.

Nice work! I want a Margarita pizzza now. Time to go trace that drawing again. I'll find my way out of this maze someday.
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

Krueckl

Post by Krueckl »

Your website is easy to see that it is a restaurant site. I think the colors are classy but if you had pictures of pizza it would communicate pizza a little bit more. I think that the words are easy to read and your nav bar is nicely organize. I like the use of buttons in the order section as well. The gradient red is pretty cool too. Nice job.
:) KATHY RUECKL

Hamistani

Post by Hamistani »

Hello Hannah,
I love the image you chose to use for the pizza! I also think the colors and fonts you chose make the aesthetic of the website look professional and simple. I really like the style of this website! I also really like the animation you put on the ordering buttons. I would add images of the different types of pizzas. Great job!
- Heather Amistani
Ehhh, What's up Doc? ;)

Mal-Festio

Post by Mal-Festio »

Hello Hannah,

Nice website. The pizza line work is really cool. I really like how the red backdrop in the menu page fades in the bottom. Overall, I think the style is very nice.
Jordi Cruz Trujillo