Project03

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
Mal-Festio

Project03

Post by Mal-Festio »

https://www.grc175.com/student/spring-2 ... index.html

Here is my Project03 website

To be frank, this is not complete. I struggled to get the Header, Navigation, and footer to be distributed in a way that is acceptable for me. Technically, three and a half of the pages are finished. I am still trying to figure out how to properly use flex on a gaming platform page and a product page is not yet made. I am also trying to figure out how to properly stack the image and product name on the home page.

One thing to keep in mind. Because of issues I have with the unordered lists, the margins are not consistent. This is something I would like to try to fix eventually as well but this is what caused me to sink most of my time into it.

Buttons that actually lead to a page are "CAP'N GAMES", "Nintendo", "Trade", "Contact", and "Facebook"
Jordi Cruz Trujillo

Anayik

Re: Project03

Post by Anayik »

Hi Jordi,

Although you ran into technical difficulties your theme is really cool. I love the background image and your color choices. It really is super fitting for the business you chose. It can be hard to fill the space when we're still figuring out positioning...but I think you got a good start. I like your font choices too, they all are consistent with your theme, I just wonder if your title would look better in the pixelly font you have as a subtitle?
Kiana Bohm

kmohara5190

Post by kmohara5190 »

Hi Jordi,
I really like the layout of your website, how the navigation is at the bottom of the page instead of the top. It makes it more dynamic and stand out! I think your font on the Home page is a little hard to read when it gets small, so maybe changing it to the other font your used would make it easier to read. Good job!
Kierann O'Hara

jacklyn_yamine

Post by jacklyn_yamine »

Hi Jordi,
I think this is coming along well, but does need some things adjusted here and there. I have found when wanting to align things first have a <div> that contains what you want to have aligned centered to each other and make sure you have text-aligned: center as a property on those containers. Then put an entire container around those <div>s and set them as display:grid or flex. This is how I created my Cupcakes page with the title and button underneath each image. Your header needs some liquefying, your text will wrap on smaller sized browsers, but doesn't shrink or anything to continue fitting on one line, and as it is now, for what I see, the blue doesn't change sizes making yellow go on yellow. While I like the look and feel of the more 8-bit old-school style of font, to me it can be very hard to read at times, I would suggest finding a still quirky video game like font, but one that is more legible for all of your headers and product titles, and make use of the 8-bit very minimal.
JacklynYamine

Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Hi Jordi,
This turned out really good! I know you mentioned you struggled a little bit with the header, nav, and footer but it actually looks really good. Try going back and adjusting the top bar so we can see the name in the center. Really great job!
Kassandra Fuentes

kendall_the_mann

Post by kendall_the_mann »

Hi Jordi!

I think for what you said you had completed the website turned out really well! The title gets clipped into the navigation from where I'm viewing it, but I had really similar problems with responsive design. I think the design aspects are really good and I love your color choices! Great job!
-Kendall Mann

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Ooooh! Retro gaming.

You're doing better than you think you are, Jordi. You've got a great colorscheme going here. The dark blue, medium blue, and yellow are looking good. Your header and footer make for great framing elements and both your navigations are easy to see and use. I like your background photo too, and how it vanished into blue transparency. Excellent working bringing in your custom fonts too. The 8-bit font in particular works well. The content on your home page and most of your inner pages is clean and easy to read. Your layout is liquid, if not responsive.

You're down a page in your page count since your Facebook button points to an external page. There's an underline under Cap'n Games in your header that either should not be there or should be yellow. The content on your Nintendo page is kind of a mess at the moment.

Good work!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

Krueckl

Post by Krueckl »

Your website is so creative. It does not look like an easy website to create. Your font choice is spot on for the video gaming and the colors all match wonderfully. I know that organizing the layout for pages can be tricky so I feel you on that one. I like the background image used of the video game store. I think you on your way to a super cool website. Nice job!
:) KATHY RUECKL

Hamistani

Post by Hamistani »

Hello Jordi,
I really like this website! I too struggled with flex and had to recode everything the night before/day the project was due because nothing was moving correctly. I think you did a great job making the website look like a retro game, and I love the fonts you chose. On the Nintendo page, the text is shifted to the left, so I am unable to read it, but everything else looks great and works. Great job!
- Heather Amistani
Ehhh, What's up Doc? ;)

ItsAllisxn

Post by ItsAllisxn »

Hi Jordi,

This came out really well! I really love the homepage and the layout of everything. Great addition of the search bar. Your nav and footer looks really great on my end. The tinted background works really well and helps make the "featured products" pop out. On the Nintendo page, all of the text is super shifted over to the left and I can't read a lot of it for some reason. The other inner pages look fine though. I think maybe adding a sans serif font to the homepage for the main text would help to compliment the other font choice just to give a bit more variation. Other than that, great work!
Allison Hartmann - Kachow 8-)