Project 3 Final

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
Hamistani

Project 3 Final

Post by Hamistani »

Old:https://www.art.yale.edu/
Mine: https://www.grc175.com/student/spring-2 ... index.html
This was a process, and my brain is mush. But I learned so much from completing this project, and I really enjoyed doing it! I'm really pleased with how it came out! I think the resizing went really well-using firefox, I learned that you can wrap an anchor tag in a p tag to move it. I learned about flex-wrapping, and how important that is, so it's easier to move things into a mobile version. I think I definitely need to fix my about page because I do feel like the image is off, but I'm happy with how the rest came out.
- Heather Amistani
Ehhh, What's up Doc? ;)

Instructor
Site Admin

Re: Project 3 Final

Post by Instructor »

Well this is a fair sight better than the Yale Art Page! A low bar, I know, but your pages are legitimately good.

My favorite bit of your design is your use of color. You snagged the colors from Yale's shield and used them as repeating elements throughout the pages on your site. I like the use of the different colors as page headers. You're relying on the layout not to disrupt people as the colors change from page to page and it works. The stack of colors on the home page is also a great look. You did a good job picking images for the pages as well. they reinforce the content and show a potential student what to expect from Yale art. Good use of contrast, too. The colors are dark enough to pop the type nicely. Everything stands out and demands attention. It's even decently responsive. It collapses nicely.

There's some clipping of the navigation buttons on your inner pages at smaller resolutions. The text is sitting a little low in the bodycopy blocks on your home page.

Nice work, Heather.
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

kmohara5190

Post by kmohara5190 »

Hi Heather,
Your website turned out great! It looks clean and really well organized, and it functions really well. The only thing I noticed was that a couple buttons on the navigation bar smooshed together, but besides that your website looks awesome!
Kierann O'Hara

jacklyn_yamine

Post by jacklyn_yamine »

Hi Heather,
You did a really great job in turning this site into something beautiful and functional. I really like your use of the colors taken from the shield and that you are using a continuous font that seems to have various weights to it so that you can still give visual interest and hierarchy to your titles and different sections. You've also done a great job in making the pages very responsive.
JacklynYamine

Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Hi Heather,
This looks sooooo much better! I'm loving your design, color palette, fonts, and imagery you used. I also love how the text changes to different colors (logo colors) when you hover over them. You really did a great job redesigning this website. As soon as I opened your redesign I was interested in actually going through each page :).
Kassandra Fuentes

kendall_the_mann

Post by kendall_the_mann »

Hi Heather!

I LOVE how you website turned out! The use of Yale's colors throughout your pages as well as imagery works so well with your design and everything is so clean and easy to navigate! I love your roll-overs and I love the art page that has the past/present exhibitions highlighted depending which one you're one, I had never thought to do navigation like that! Really awesome website, great job!
-Kendall Mann

Krueckl

Post by Krueckl »

You did an awesome job on the website. The home page does not look easy! The design is super eye catching and the use of colors is really great too. I like that you added the hover color and links on the news page. Every page is really well organized and easy to read. You can tell that you worked really hard on this site. The background great that highlights the areas of the news adds a nice focal point to each section. I also like the font choice that you used. It is easy to read and still simple. You did a great job.
:) KATHY RUECKL

it's_crysta

Post by it's_crysta »

HI Heather! I love how your site came out. The bars of color, the font choice, the layout. It all came out great. Good work!
it's Crysta (Clark)

i feel like i'm on neopets again

Mal-Festio

Post by Mal-Festio »

Hello Heather,

You did a great job, every page in your website look very well done. Excellent job in the effects with the navigation. Great design overall, the colors, layout, and typography work great together.
Jordi Cruz Trujillo

ItsAllisxn

Post by ItsAllisxn »

Hi Heather,

Great work on this redesign! Your homepage must have taken you a ton of time, but definitely worth it because it looks awesome! The shapes do a great job at incorporating the colors of the logo on your homepage and seen throughout your website. I really like your use of fonts and images used on your homepage and inner pages. I really admire how responsive it is. Well done!
Allison Hartmann - Kachow 8-)