Project03 Final

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
Arisa

Project03 Final

Post by Arisa »

Hi guys!
This is my final. I chose the second idea, finally.
https://www.grc175.com/student/spring-2 ... st-ak.html
:D Arisa Koike

Instructor
Site Admin

Re: Project03 Final

Post by Instructor »

Oh that text effect is pretty nifty!

The overall blue and white color scheme of your website is very peaceful and in line with your content. Good contrast for such light colors. The abstract background photo behind your type is a really slick effect. I like how it tracks the mouse as you sweep around it. And the fact that it's done with live type is the real kicker here. Your whole website's decently responsive, too. It looks like you went with a mobile-first design and it seems to be working.

Some of your information is either hard to get to or missing and you have to climb deep into the website to find it. Your splashes of red clash with the blue a bit. The dot based navigation is tough to work with since I'm not sure where each dot takes me.

Good effort, Arisa.
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

kmohara5190

Post by kmohara5190 »

Hi Arisa,
I really like your header, the way it changes color and texture is very cool! Unfortunately, I cannot view your other pages on my browser, so I am not sure what the rest of your website looks like.
Kierann O'Hara

jacklyn_yamine

Post by jacklyn_yamine »

Hi Arisa,
You have a lot of really neat things going on with your site. The image behind your h1 text is awesome and the fact that it moves with the cursor makes it even cooler, it's also cooler that you did a unique cursor rather than the standard pointer or hand. I like how you have sort of like a side bar nav with the dots that show each section when you move down the page, but I feel like some info might be missing? Also, on my screen there is a lot of extra white space width wise.
JacklynYamine

Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Hi Arisa,
Loving the photo behind the title and your navigation is unique from what I have seen so far. I wasn't able to look at your other pages, but your homepage is quite nice. I would suggest making the black text a different color. Maybe white or a dark/light grey.
Kassandra Fuentes

kendall_the_mann

Post by kendall_the_mann »

Hi Arisa!

Your header is incredible! I love how creative it is, it works well with your overall color scheme too! I think something I could suggest is maybe playing around with layout design a bit since your pages are a little hard to navigate. Other than that this is really creative, cool job Arisa!
-Kendall Mann

Krueckl

Post by Krueckl »

wow that heading with the moving background is so awesome. Just that in itself makes this so cool. I was not able to really navigate or tell exactly what this website is about but the fact that soil and water on it gives me some kind of an idea. It's good that chose blue also since water also has to do with it.
:) KATHY RUECKL

it's_crysta

Post by it's_crysta »

Hi Arisa, like everyone else is saying, I can't see or get to your other pages and your main header with the background image is super cool. I also like that you changed what the cursor looks like. Good work.
it's Crysta (Clark)

i feel like i'm on neopets again

Mal-Festio

Post by Mal-Festio »

Hello Arisa,

Great header and nice color scheme. It interesting how the page navigation works though I don't know to navigate to the other pages. I think you still did a good job.
Jordi Cruz Trujillo

Hamistani

Post by Hamistani »

Hello Arisa,
I love your header, and the effect you have with the header. The colors you used work very well together, and definitely have a water theme. I can only see the home page, and the page doesn't have any other images or text. But from what I do see, I really like it. Great job!
- Heather Amistani
Ehhh, What's up Doc? ;)