Project 03

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
ItsAllisxn

Project 03

Post by ItsAllisxn »

Hello everyone!

Here's my current website: https://www.grc175.com/student/spring-2 ... index.html
Old website: http://mrhoagie.com/

This sure has been a process but I feel like I have really gained a lot of knowledge about web design through this project, and even though it's very time consuming, I really like it. I enjoy the feeling when solving a successful problem haha. I explored a bit of animation through this project and tried my best to do some responsive design... It's definitely not perfect and there's still quite a lot of things I need to fix at some point but I'm pretty proud of this regardless.
Allison Hartmann - Kachow 8-)

Instructor
Site Admin

Re: Project 03

Post by Instructor »

Oh! That animation on the rollovers in your navigation menu! Nice! It's so smooth.

This may have been "a process" but I can sure see all the time that went into this one. I like the overall look and feel. It feels very polished and professional. I think it's the excellent use of transparency myself. I also love the photo selections. They're very atmosphereic. Good use of type too. The whole thing kind of feels like a menu board behind a counter. Good use of contrast all over the site as well. The navigation is easy to see and use and I have no trouble navigating my way around the site. And, as mentioned previously, the animation is a great touch. It's even decently responsive.

The navigation menu clips off the right at smaller resolutions. There's some text clipping on various pages at intermediate resolutions before your mobile media query kicks in. The "Call Today For Fast Food To-Go" text overlaps your orange box on your contact page and your "here" link is blue. The margin on the bottom of the the "Mr. Hoagie" logo is a little tight.

Good work, Allison!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

Anayik

Post by Anayik »

Hi Allison,

Wow, this is a really nice site. I love the home page, I really like the large image with the dark overlay. And the white text really pops, good job with the sizing too. I love your little animations here and there (especially the sliding yellow box on the nav bar, really satisfying) . The only thing that catches my eye is your line spacing needs a little loosening up on your main page and tightening up on your "about" page.

You should be proud!
Kiana Bohm

Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Hi Allison,
This looks so great! I'm loving the colors, font choice, and fun animations. One thing that you can improve is make the logo a smidge bigger :). Other than that, you did a really great job!
Kassandra Fuentes

kendall_the_mann

Post by kendall_the_mann »

Hi Allison!

YOUR NAVIGATION! YOU WIZARD!! That is so cool, I was literally just scrolling back and forth like a dork for longer than I should've lol so rad! I think the rest of your website is incredible as well, your layout is really cool and everything is so clean and easy to navigate. There's a couple places where the text clips into some imagery, but thats a problem I had on every single one of my pages too lol and it doesn't detract much from the design on yours! Really nice website, awesome job!
-Kendall Mann

jacklyn_yamine

Post by jacklyn_yamine »

Hi Allison,
You did a great job on this site and the animations on your navigation and some of the text pieces look awesome. I love your minimal use of imagery, and the use of the classic colors of black yellow/gold. The shade of yellow you use is a perfect pop of color to the black background and darkened images. I don't know what size screen you built this on, but I do want to mention that on my smaller computer screen, at least on the homepage, the address ends up sitting on top of the Our Menu button and on other pages things tend to be pushed up. Other than those small placement details you did a great job :)
JacklynYamine

kmohara5190

Post by kmohara5190 »

Hi Allison,
I love how your website turned out, the rollover buttons are great! The images you chose for the background look really good and make me hungry. The “Locations” page was a bit distorted on my browser, but besides that, great job!
Kierann O'Hara

Hamistani

Post by Hamistani »

Hello Allison,
WOW! I love this website. I can really see how much time and effort went into this project. I love the animation on the navigation buttons. The colors, fonts, and images all work nicely together. It looks very professional. Now, the only thing I see, which is kind of weird, is that the Menu button will only work if I'm on the home page. However, if I'm on the about slide, the menu button won't work. Great job Allison!
- Heather Amistani
Ehhh, What's up Doc? ;)

Mal-Festio

Post by Mal-Festio »

Hello Allison,

Great work, nice job in the sliding animations for when loading in the content and the navigation. You have great designs for.each page, the Menu page is really good and easy skim through.
Jordi Cruz Trujillo

rmepinero

Post by rmepinero »

Girl, did you make a logo for these guys too?! Cause I honestly love it. I love the font and I love that it glows. I like that your navigation effortless moves alongside my mouse! I really enjoy your site overall, it’s all clean and easy to navigated and the colors and font all work together so nicely. Awesome work!
Rowena Piñero
"My vibe is like, hey you could probably pour soup in my lap and I'll apologize to you."