Project 3 FINALLLLL

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
aka_fefi

Project 3 FINALLLLL

Post by aka_fefi »

Well I did it.... mostly. I, for some reason that I couldn't figure out over the last 3-4 hours, couldn't get the site to work with my project 2 page linking to my project 3 page even though it worked perfectly on all of my previews :evil: I have to get up at 5 am so I can't stare at this anymore.

Otherwise, it's there! I finished up Ling's Cars, I tried to add some of her pizzazz in the text and whatnot while still keeping the design clean and nice.

ENJOY.

https://www.grc175.com/student/spring-2 ... index.html
Stephanie Serpa

Everything I know about web design is from ~*myspace*~

Instructor
Site Admin

Re: Project 3 FINALLLLL

Post by Instructor »

Congrats on making Ling's Cars sane and usable.

You use contrast well. The red, white, and black is eye catching and serves as a great background for your photos. The website is easy to navigate and your navigation is well placed. I especially like the centered placement on the home page. Nice stock photography choices too. The rest of the website is ultra-clean. That cleanliness translates into a great responsive design. It uses liquidity well and transitions nicely into it's media query breakpoints and preserves it's look and feel across resolutions. It's a pretty textbook example of the power of liquidity, I'd say.

I think you might have oversimplified it a little, though. Especially on the inner pages. It goes from being clean to being plain in the content area.

Nice work, Stephanie.
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

Anayik

Post by Anayik »

Hi Stephanie,

I think you chose some very strong imagery for your home page. I also like the fonts you chose. The top image with the red banner and title are really strong. I am totally a fan of Ling after reading her bio haha. good job putting ALL those car images in...bet you're a pro at building galleries now!

I think things still feel a little like they're floating around in empty space. This is probably due to the fact that you're working with borrowed content...maybe try bumping up your font size here and there, could help
Kiana Bohm

jacklyn_yamine

Post by jacklyn_yamine »

Hey Stephanie,
You did a great job in making this crazy site look great and very user friendly. I like that the only crazy thing now is the image of Ling on the About Ling page. You Our Cars page looks great and I really like the images of the car, however I would try to make them roughly closer in size to each other, some seem bigger so they stick out more to me, I think you could also stand to give them a lot more space in-between each row of cars as well as adding a little info about the cars, or if you want to keep the clean look then create some hover effects over the cars that shows the name, make, and model info.
JacklynYamine

kmohara5190

Post by kmohara5190 »

Hi Stephanie,
I love the “About Ling” page you made, the image is great! The rest of the website looks good as well, the only I would do is add some more pictures or type to the Home page so you can scroll down it a little. Good job!
Kierann O'Hara

Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Hi Stephanie,
WOW!!! This is 100 times better. Great job in making it user-friendly, clean, and easily readable. The only thing I can suggest is adding a bit more space between the cars. Great job!
Kassandra Fuentes

kendall_the_mann

Post by kendall_the_mann »

Hi Stephanie!

I love the layout of this website! The way you used imagery with no background in between bodies of text is so cool and I love the header! I think the only thing I could suggest is having a hover feature for your navigation since the pointer didn't work on some pages (that might just be the fault of where I'm viewing it though!) Other than that this is so clean and fun to look at, really awesome design!
-Kendall Mann

Krueckl

Post by Krueckl »

Wow this website looks so much better now. I like the white background because it really makes all of the images really stand out. I like the use of the large image and font on the front page. It communicates exactly what the website is about, cars. I like the contact us link at the bottom of the step by step guide also. The navigation is easy to follow. It looks great. Nice job.
:) KATHY RUECKL

it's_crysta

Post by it's_crysta »

Hi Stephanie, wow, a complete opposite of the original website! It's so easy to read and see everything. The red and white stand out nicely against each other and you found some great photos to use. Good job!
it's Crysta (Clark)

i feel like i'm on neopets again

Hamistani

Post by Hamistani »

Hello Stephanie,
This looks so much better than the original website! I love the fonts you chose! It's very easy to navigate, and I like the red you used. I would add more color throughout the design, and possibly more pictures. Great job!
- Heather Amistani
Ehhh, What's up Doc? ;)