Project 03 Final! (Woo!)

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
Instructor
Site Admin

Re: Project 03 Final! (Woo!)

Post by Instructor »

Oh this gallery one! Such a cool concept.

That homepage photo is so striking. A real mood establisher. I also like how you blend aspects of your layout into it, like your top navigation. I also like that you included other imagery throughout your site. Your lightbox in particular is working nicely. Good use of a very limited color palette to basically suggest to the eye that the background image is brining all the color. I also like your use of transparency. It's a good compromise with having a complex photo background.

I think you could have sampled the blue at the edges of the photo and used it as a background color behind the photo for higher resolution monitors. Your layout is not liquid or responsive. Your bodycopy gets a little thin and difficult to read on Chrome sometimes. I'm not sold on the italic type in your navigation.

Good effort, Rowena.
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

ItsAllisxn

Post by ItsAllisxn »

Hi Rowena,

This look awesome! I'm loving the full background, especially on the homepage. I really like the use of the transparent white boxes throughout all the pages, and how the pictures are laid out. I also think the type is very fitting for the theme. All of your inner pages look centered, but for some reason the navigation bar isn't centered on my end, and the website only shows up on half of my screen. There also isn't an option on the navigation bar to go back to the home page. Other than that, looks great! Good job!
Allison Hartmann - Kachow 8-)

it's_crysta

Post by it's_crysta »

Hi Rowena, I love the background image you picked for your site and how you laid everything out. It looks very professional and you did a good job on the lightbox. Great work!
it's Crysta (Clark)

i feel like i'm on neopets again

sal_baraj

Post by sal_baraj »

Hello,
I like the home page, it is very interesting and the nav buttons all align well with the top of the painting. great job

gavin_clouser

Post by gavin_clouser »

I love the opening page and the look of it. Its really cool how you feel part of the guy looking at the painting. I feel like I'm in the gallery with him looking at the painting. It really draws you in. Good job I'm a fan of this.
gclouser701