Project 03 Final! (Woo!)

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
rmepinero

Project 03 Final! (Woo!)

Post by rmepinero »

Here's my site:

https://www.grc175.com/student/spring-2 ... index.html

I'm really enjoying this web developing thing now that I'm finally understanding all the html/css lingo and how everything works (only took me like half the semester :lol: ) and learning how to use the lightbox thingy was fun too. Overall, I'm happy with how this turned out. Now that I'm looking at it, I would have played with the main layout a bit more as I would have liked to see how my content looks centered but I really don't think that would have helped with the readability of my content.

(Also I know that the "u" on my about page is weird and I honestly just think it was an issue with the font file itself instead of the css coding)

Anyways, this was fun and I can't wait to see everyone's else websites!
Rowena Piñero
"My vibe is like, hey you could probably pour soup in my lap and I'll apologize to you."

Anayik

Re: Project 03 Final! (Woo!)

Post by Anayik »

Hi Rowena, really nice job

I love the use of a large bg image. It's really clean and professional...plus the imagery itself is GREAT. I'm not seeing the problem with the "U" that you had mentioned, all of your type seems to be working well. I wonder if a sans-serif font for your buttons might fit the rather contemporary theme you're running with better than an italicized serif font. But really your layout (and coding) are obviously strong. I'm with you, I'm actually surprised how much I'm starting to enjoy coding now that I finally have some grasp on it...I think I only had my aha moment about two weeks ago.

Loved your first site, love this one, can't wait to see the next
Kiana Bohm

kendall_the_mann

Post by kendall_the_mann »

Hi Rowena!

I love how your website turned out! Its very clean and minimalistic and I think that does a really good job conveying Yale's aesthetic. I think your home page is beautiful and the fonts you chose worked really well with your design, awesome job overall!
-Kendall Mann

jacklyn_yamine

Post by jacklyn_yamine »

Hi Rowena,
This came out really nice and I like that you even were able to incorporate the lightbox in to it. That homepage image of the guy standing in front of the paintings looks great and I think your navigation is practically perfect on centering and size wise. For your inner pages, I like that you keep the same background image and put a white background on your text so it can be more legible, but I think the font weight you are using is too light, making it harder to read. In addition to making the body paragraph text thicker in general I would also make the headlines even thicker and bolder so that they stand even more apart from the body text rather than just making them all caps. Also, for your big titles I think they could stand to have a small drop shadow because some bits are getting lost in the brighter parts of the background image, so I think a drop shadow will help them to stay full and crisp and separate from the background.
JacklynYamine

Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Hi Rowena,
This turned out great! I really loved this design and I'm glad to see it live :). It feels professional and artistic at the same time! I love how you played with the transparency with the boxes, and I also love the font you picked out for this. The only recommendation I have is to make all the titles on the pages the same size. The 'About' title page seems to be bigger than the rest of them. Other than that, this is a great redesign!
Kassandra Fuentes

IzzyB

Post by IzzyB »

Hi Rowena,
There is so much I want to say about your website. The background image is perfect, acting like a gallery is especially fitting for a place like Yale. Your navigation bar is evenly spaced and the font fits the context. I noticed there is not a home button though so I cannot go back to the original homepage. The image gallery is effect and I go click each of the pictures and see it fully. Very well done and beautiful website! 8-)
Isabelle Bento (the person with the basic anime girl hair cut) UwU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

kmohara5190

Post by kmohara5190 »

Hi Rowena,
Your website looks great, and the background image looks really professional! I like how well the white type stands out on top of it, it makes it very legible. The only thing I would add is a hover color or when you click a button it flashes a color. Great job!
Kierann O'Hara

Krueckl

Post by Krueckl »

Hi Rowena. Nice job on your website. You used a lot of pictures which is really great. I made the mistake of not including as many in my website. I like the use of background boxes to highlight your information. The main background image is very eye catching as well. The only I would say is that it does not home a home button so I was not able to go back to the home page after clicking on the different pages. I think the font choice matches your theme very well too! Nice work.
:) KATHY RUECKL

Mal-Festio

Post by Mal-Festio »

Hello Rowena,

Nice website, you really let the background image shine by simplifying the layout. Your choices of typography are also great. I am wondering if the website is suppose to look small , I am seeing a lot of white space on the right and bottom of the page.
Jordi Cruz Trujillo

Hamistani

Post by Hamistani »

Hello Rowena,
This looks really good! I like the fonts you chose, the lightbox thingy, and the background image is awesome. I love how you added the white boxes to put your body copy on; it's very easy to read. It looks very professional and is easy to navigate. This website only shows on maybe half of my screen, so I would make the image bigger, but other than that small adjustment, great job!
- Heather Amistani
Ehhh, What's up Doc? ;)