project_03

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
sal_baraj

project_03

Post by sal_baraj »

https://www.grc175.com/student/spring-2 ... ndex.html

Its finally over.....
This was a fun project but it really tested my mental health, I did learn a lot though.

I am happy with the outcome, I was able to merge both of my designs and have a really good looking site. It came out how I wanted it, I was able to simplify the original website and give it a elegant look. I am also very pleased with how the red pops from the background and the white text does not get lost in the background.

Anayik

Re: project_03

Post by Anayik »

Damn Sal...look at you! Building a complete website from scratch. And it looks super nice and professional. I agree, I like the way the logo pops from the background. I also think the grey overlays look classy but give it visual interest. Maybe it's not possible due to contrast issues, but I think a lighter overlay would allow the nice imagery you chose to show through even more.

I'm with you...positioning had me at meltdown point a few times.
Kiana Bohm

kendall_the_mann

Post by kendall_the_mann »

Hi Sal!

Yeah, ditto to the mental health, coding turns me a lil feral after awhile lol this website is beautiful though! You did so much which such a simplistic design, you really used "less is more" to your advantage and it turned out so well! I love your color scheme and I love your homepage, really nice job overlapping your fonts like that! Awesome job overall, this is a really nice design :)
-Kendall Mann

kmohara5190

Post by kmohara5190 »

Hi Sal,
I love your website, it looks so clean and modern! Everything works really well and it feels very fluid. The only thing I might add is some color or borders around the navigation to make it feel more contained. Great job!
Kierann O'Hara

Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Hi Sal,

Love it! This looks so clean and professional. I love the background photo you used on the main page and how you made the name of the company big and centered! The color choices work great and it's easy to navigate. Clicking through the pages, really makes me want to go. The only thing I can suggest is centering the locations in the Find Us page, and adding a photo on the right in the About Us page because it feels like it's missing something there. Other than that, this is one of my favorite website redesigns!
Kassandra Fuentes

IzzyB

Post by IzzyB »

Hi Sal,
I really like the simplicity of your website. It is easy to use and all the pictures, texts, and colors are perfectly used. I think the only thing I would change would be to make the menu pictures larger and just have a scrolling feature to access the second page. That way it is easier to read. ;)
Isabelle Bento (the person with the basic anime girl hair cut) UwU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

I see Sal's rocking the web design lifehack of doing a super simple and clean layout and then let a kickass photo or two do all the heavy lifting. It feels like cheating, but it sure as heck works! As you all can see here.

Great background image selections here. Each one of them engages with and enhances your page content. I appreciate that you took the time to carefully select each one and to have a different image for each page. That kind of detail goes a long way. I like the big logo homepage too. It looks like opening credits on a TV show. Your use of contrast is also quite excellent. It makes all your content just jump off the page. Even though it's a basic serif type, your type works well with your design. Your navigation is easy to see and use, too. Your design is liquid, if not responsive.

I'm not actually all that fond of the red as an accent color, but Walden's actually uses it, so I shall not bitch too much. Your menus are awfully close to your navigation on your Menu page. They could have used a little more room to breathe. I think centering your content (placement, not alignment) on your inner pages would have looked a little better.

Good work, Sal!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

Mal-Festio

Post by Mal-Festio »

Hello Sal,

Nice job, nice layouts and background imagery. The navigation is also easy and simple. You have great designs in many of your pages. There is some typos in the Navigation there being "Find Us" and "Find US".
Jordi Cruz Trujillo

jacklyn_yamine

Post by jacklyn_yamine »

Hi Sal,
As always, I love a good simple and clean design with a single big image for the background and minimal text. And while I love the big darkened image in the background, however, I would like to see just a smidge more of it. I like how you use the pop of red color as a hover effect and as some of the titles' color as well as your choice of image for each page. Great job!
JacklynYamine

Hamistani

Post by Hamistani »

Hello Sal,
This looks amazing! I love the background images you chose. Each image goes along with the navigation button. I also really like the fonts you chose. The website is very easy to navigate and follow along. Like Michael, I think the red is a bit too bright, maybe darken the red a bit, Great job!
- Heather Amistani
Ehhh, What's up Doc? ;)