Project 3

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
Krueckl

Project 3

Post by Krueckl »

https://www.grc175.com/student/spring- ... index.html

Here is my project 3 website. I wanted to make it easier to navigate and more aesthetically pleasing to the viewer. I created the home page and the "about" page. There is also a page for "apply", "events," and "news." I am going to continue working on them to add to the website. The buttons have been the biggest challenge for me and I hope to be able to get them on the main navigation for all of the pages of this website. I am really excited of what I have been able to accomplish so far!
:) KATHY RUECKL

Anayik

Re: Project 3

Post by Anayik »

Oh Noooooo!!....it looks like something didn't upload correctly in the FTP process or something. I can't see any of your hard work :( It looks like its displaying source code for your project 2. I had similar issues when uploading, hopefully its a simple fix!!
Kiana Bohm

Krueckl

Post by Krueckl »

Anayik wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:36 am Oh Noooooo!!....it looks like something didn't upload correctly in the FTP process or something. I can't see any of your hard work :( It looks like its displaying source code for your project 2. I had similar issues when uploading, hopefully its a simple fix!!
It's working now! Thanks :)
:) KATHY RUECKL

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Hey! It came out pretty decently. Look at those ink spatter buttons. Looks like everything is up and running too.

Your home page in particular is very strong. Everything is nicely broken up into horizontal lines. I like the use of dividers and various other framing devices. It's so clean and organized. Which enables you to introduce little elements of disorganization to establish visual interest. Case in point; your splatter buttons. They are working well. I especially like the way they clip over the blue bar underneath them. Good use of the blue as your dark color to establish contrast. Nice image selection for the homepage, too. It's colorful, zany, and weird. That should let students know what they're in for! Gives the whole composition just a little depth. The whole website is liquid, if not responsive, as well.

I'm not sure I care for how radically it changes between your home page design and your inner page design. Both are clean, but there's a lot of difference between them. And your inner pages lack the contrast that makes your home page work well. I would also have liked to see imagery on the inner pages. The margins on your footer seem to be uneven. Your copyright and address are different distances from the top and bottom.

Good effort Kathy!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

jacklyn_yamine

Post by jacklyn_yamine »

Hi Kathy, I think this is coming along really nice since you plan to continue working on it. I like that you went with the splatter navigation and would have liked to have seen that on your inner pages as well rather than having that kind of chunk of spatter in the background of the header space. Also, check your spelling on the inner pages' paragraph under the title, 'painting' is spelled wrong. Your footer seems to have been designed on a wider screen than my laptop because some of the info can barely be seen unless I widen the page, do you possibly have a min-width on it? it seems that it won't go any smaller in order to fit properly across the bottom of my screen. I still love that image you chose for your homepage, great job.
JacklynYamine

kmohara5190

Post by kmohara5190 »

Hi Kathy,
I like how your website turned out, you really nailed your design! The graffiti font looks fun and artsy which fits your website perfectly. The navigation on the second page unfortunately did not load correctly on my browser, but besides that it looks great!
Kierann O'Hara

Anayik

Post by Anayik »

Hi Kathy,

good job with your second site! This is obviously a huge improvement from the original. I like your decision to use a large bg image on your home page...it needs that. Especially since it's of a cool piece of artwork. I also like the spray paint nav buttons...very fitting. It just looks like positioning comes undone a little at monitor size. Mine does the same thing at my mobile size, it's so damn tricky!
Kiana Bohm

Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Hi Kathy,
This turned out great! I'm loving the paint splatter in the navigation and the clean layout and look. One thing that can be improved is making the logo the same size as the school name or vice versa, but I would love to see the logo a bit bigger.
Kassandra Fuentes

kendall_the_mann

Post by kendall_the_mann »

Hi Kathy!

I love how playful your website homepage is! The paint splatter buttons for your navigation is so cute and I really love your font choice for the logo and header as well. I think maybe the only thing I could suggest is playing around with color or imagery on your other pages to match the fun theme of your homepage but other than that small detail this is so well designed and clean! Really cool job :)
-Kendall Mann

it's_crysta

Post by it's_crysta »

Hi Kathy, your home page looks great, the navigation looks really good and your colors and picture choice is great. Unfortunately it doesn't carry on to the rest of the pages, they look a little unfinished. Good job!
it's Crysta (Clark)

i feel like i'm on neopets again