project03

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
gavin_clouser

project03

Post by gavin_clouser »

https://www.grc175.com/student/spring-2 ... index.html

Something happened with my css file because my site doesnt look like that.

I created the home page and fundraiser page.
i wanted to make my website modern and clean. Ill retry uploading my css tomorrow because somerhing is wrong with my filezilla..
gclouser701

estrellau

Re: project03

Post by estrellau »

Hello,
So far it look really clean and professional, I like the neon color you added it doesn't stand out to much.
I'm trying my best ┐(´∀`)┌ .......
Estrella

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Yum! Frozen yogurt. So many food websites. I'm getting hungry over here.

It looks like your CSS upload came through fine because your design looks pretty close to one of your preliminary designs. You made the right choice to emphasize your photos. The frozen yogurt looks super delicious. I like the contrast you created with the white background, the black, and the lime green accent color. I should hate it, but the lime green works pretty well. I suspect due to it's presence in the logo. The bright white background makes it feel a bit like a modern froyo joint, which was what you were going for, I suspect. You type came out nice as well. It really jumps out against that black background. Good hierarchy between your bolder headlines and thinner bodycopy. I especially appreciate that it's live. Your whole website is pretty decently responsive, too.

A pity there's only two pages. I would have liked to have seen what you would have done with more inner pages. Your button text looks like it's a little closer to the top of the buttons than the bottom. Your text content in it's areas seems to be doing the same thing.

Good effort, Gavin!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

jacklyn_yamine

Post by jacklyn_yamine »

Hi Gavin,
This is looking really good and still has the clean and open feeling from your designs. I love your use of big pieces of imagery of the yogurt on the home page. I do think you may have too much white space from the header to the splash/hero area on the home page and would like to be able to see more of the image below with the "our story". Maybe this is a part of the CSS issue, but if it's not then I would make it more like the spacing you have in the fundraisers page. Also, even though you have two pages there is no way to go back to the home page once visiting the fundraisers page other than clicking on the back arrow, adding either a home button or making the logo a link back would be nice. It also seems like you need to tighten up your buttons so there's not so much space underneath the text.
JacklynYamine

kmohara5190

Post by kmohara5190 »

Hi Gavin,
Your website looks fun and like it would be tailored towards kids. The bright colors on top of the white make it feel exciting and interesting. I would change the font for your header to something blocky, but your website looks good. Nice job!
Kierann O'Hara

Anayik

Post by Anayik »

Hi Gavin,

Your site is clean and easy to navigate. I like that the logo stays visible in that top corner the whole time. I like your font choice for headlines, it's bolder than I would have expected for a yogurt site but it actually totally works. It's simple but still playful enough. I love the big imagery too, I think that's super important for a food establishment. I think you could make your nav buttons a little bigger and with more top padding. Looks good though!
Kiana Bohm

Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Hi Gavin,
This turned out great! It looks so much cleaner and I love the photos of the frozen yogurt on the main page. One thing you can improve is fixing the photo sizing in the Fundraiser tab. Other than that, I'm really digging your website redesign!
Kassandra Fuentes

kendall_the_mann

Post by kendall_the_mann »

Hi Gavin!

I know you said you're having problems uploading your CSS but your website looks really cool on my end. I like the use of color and imagery and I like that the logo is a centerpiece to your pages as well as the text. I think the only thing I could suggest is adding a couple more pages, but the ones you do have look great, good job!
-Kendall Mann

Krueckl

Post by Krueckl »

Your home page looks great. The size of the ice cream images is very eye catching and I like the way they are laid out next to one another. The read more button is really nice under "our story" it might help to add a hover color when clicking on it? but that's just a suggestion. It looks good as it is also. The bright green footer at the bottom is a fun color choice as well. The navigation is easy to see. I think it looks good without buttons but maybe a little boarder could be a nice touch (again just a suggestion.) The way you used photos in the "our goal" section really communicates community. You have a great start to this website!
:) KATHY RUECKL

it's_crysta

Post by it's_crysta »

Hi Gavin, I think your site came out really nice, you have a choice use of pictures and I like the big splash of green for the footer, it adds some nice color since your site is predominantly white. Good work!
it's Crysta (Clark)

i feel like i'm on neopets again