Project 3 Final

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
kmohara5190

Project 3 Final

Post by kmohara5190 »

Hi everyone!

Here is the link to my Project 3 Final:
file:///Users/kierannohara/Desktop/project3-ko/index.html
https://www.grc175.com/student/spring-2 ... index.html (I am not sure if this link works, please let me know if it doesn't!)

I have created a cupcake website with five pages that include the Homepage, Contact page, and Flavors page. The Events and Custom Design pages are not links, just there for aesthetic purposes. In the Flavors tab there are three flavors that you can click on, Specials, Vegan, and Daily. I designed it this way so that I could stick to a similar design for each page and not have to create a new layout every time. The Home and Contact pages have the same background image in order to create continuity, but the button on the Home page is clickable and will take you to the Daily Cupcake Flavors page.

I found this website helpful when I was trying to move my div tags and couldn't figure out how to: https://yourbusiness.azcentral.com/move ... -9370.html
Kierann O'Hara

estrellau

Re: Project 3 Final

Post by estrellau »

Hi :geek:
your website is so cute, I like the menu dropping option you added instead of having links.
I think the only thing I think would be cool would be like having like info in the cupcakes like calories or ingredients.
nice job :D
I'm trying my best ┐(´∀`)┌ .......
Estrella

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Mmmm mmmm, cupcakes!

You made the right decision by emphasizing images. These cupcakes practically sell themselves! I like the food pyramids you build on your inner pages, too. They add a nice dose of visual interest. You've kept the rest of your layout clean to make it a photo album for your pics. Still, you do manage to make excellent use of contrast. The simplicity of the website helps with information uptake. Your navigation is easy to see and use, and I like seeing someone use dropdowns. The ones you hooked up work great. Good use of color as well the pink makes for a great accent color and I like that you didn't use black for your dark color, but a dark blue-gray.

The website isn't responsive or liquid, unfortunately. I would also like to have seen some of the fancy type brought in live. The whole thing seems designed for one particular resolution and it breaks down when it's at higher or lower resolutions.

Good effort, Kierann.
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

jacklyn_yamine

Post by jacklyn_yamine »

Hi Kierann,
This came out great. I like that you put things more towards the center on the home page and I think that background image is better than what you had in your designs. On my screen it seems like things aren't quite centered on the page for the header pieces and the "baked fresh daily" and button, and am not sure if that's how you meant for it or that's just how it's displaying on my screen, but I would continue working on getting them more centered if they are currently set up as being off center. I like your flavors pages with the cupcakes sitting in a nice triangle/pyramid with each other so they can take up as much space as possible and speak for themselves for how tasty they look and are, and it looks cooler than your basic rectangular. I would add just I little bit more padding within your Contact Us! box on the contact page, things are looking a little cramped.
JacklynYamine

Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Hi Kierann,
This turned out great! Loving the color palette, layout, and nav buttons. For the Contact Us section, try adding more breathing room to 'Contact Us' and a bit more breathing room to the right side of the text. For the Flavors section, try making the 'Special Flavors' text bigger. Other than that, this is a great cupcake website design :).
Kassandra Fuentes

kendall_the_mann

Post by kendall_the_mann »

Hi Kierann!

This website design is so pretty! Its pastel colors are really pleasing and I love how you have everything set up! I think the drop down navigation is really cool as well. This is a really clean and beautiful design, really awesome job!
-Kendall Mann

Hamistani

Post by Hamistani »

Hi Kierann,
This looks really good! I love the font, image, and color choices. It is very easy to navigate, and I think the drop-down menus were very smart. I especially like the flavor's pages because the pictures will sell the cupcakes! On my page, some buttons are overlapped and things are shifted to the left and right. Great job!
- Heather Amistani
Ehhh, What's up Doc? ;)

Mal-Festio

Post by Mal-Festio »

Hello Kierann,

Nice Website, you used imagery very well here. Some of your objects overlap were I think they aren't supposed and I don't know what's with the home button. But overall great job.
Jordi Cruz Trujillo

ItsAllisxn

Post by ItsAllisxn »

Hi Kierann,

Nice job on the website! I really like the type you picked and the images you used. Especially on the homepage, I really like the faded background image. The navigation bar looks awesome with the dropdowns and hovering. The "shop now" and the "baked fresh daily!" button and text overlap on my end with the "shop now" button completely hiding the text. Also, whenever I try to go back to your homepage it appears it's not linked to your website. Other than that, great work!
Allison Hartmann - Kachow 8-)

rmepinero

Post by rmepinero »

Hi Kierann,

Your website looks so pretty. I love the font and color choices you made and I especially love the dropdown menus too. Your site looks great and is easy to navigate and so I think you did a really great job!
Rowena Piñero
"My vibe is like, hey you could probably pour soup in my lap and I'll apologize to you."