project 3 final

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
Hamistani

Re: project 3 final

Post by Hamistani »

Hello Estrella,
This is a great design. I really like the color choices and the fonts you used. The information is very easy to read, but I do find it a bit difficult to navigate. Maybe add the navigation buttons to all slides, so it is easier to get back to the home screen. Great job!
- Heather Amistani
Ehhh, What's up Doc? ;)

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Ah, a super minimalist Yale Art website. Nice!

Your home page and application page are absolutely striking. My eye is immediately drawn to the elaborate geometric shapes in your art sample photos. You make great use of contrast as well, putting most or all of the content in a darker background outside of the image. It makes me want to get in and poke around. I also like the prominent placement of your headlines over to the left with subhead text and a little navigation under them. Usually I'd say this thing needs more color, but your subtle use of colors here really works. Your leaning on your excellent sense of contrast to provide the visual interest here and it really pays off.

I find the serif type clashes with the hard-edged, minimalist aesthetic you've established here. I think it would have looked a little better with a sans-serif type. I also think your inner pages could have used pictures. Some of them go from minimalist to plain and I think photos would have added visual interest and helped prospective students understand what the program was about and what they would be producing within it. Also, your design is neither liquid nor responsive.

Good effort, Estrella.
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

ItsAllisxn

Post by ItsAllisxn »

Hi Estrella,

Great work on the redesign for this website! I especially appreciate the time you took for all of the type, I'm sure that took a ton of time to make sure everything looks right and it spaced correctly. Your navigational system was really cool, but it would be nice to have a navigation bar of some sort to quickly direct you to the home page instead of having to click backwards. Other than that, looks great! Awesome job :)
Allison Hartmann - Kachow 8-)

rmepinero

Post by rmepinero »

Hi Estrella,

I really like the layout and colors of your site. It’s clean and professional looking! I agree with Carl about maybe playing around with the font type some more but otherwise everything looks awesome Estrella!
Rowena Piñero
"My vibe is like, hey you could probably pour soup in my lap and I'll apologize to you."

sal_baraj

Post by sal_baraj »

Hello,
I really like the colors and images you used. A sans serif typeface would really finish this design off! Thats my only suggestion, great work!

gavin_clouser

Post by gavin_clouser »

I think your site would benefit from some different font styles and font weights the hierarchy isnt great but minor changes could fix that. Good job though.
gclouser701

Krueckl

Post by Krueckl »

This website looks nice and professional. It has a very minimalist look. The navigation is easy to find and navigate. The only thing I would say is that there is not a home button to go back to. Everything is nicely organized and you have a good amount of information for this website. Overall I think this looks great.
:) KATHY RUECKL