Project 03 Final

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
cpeter2

Project 03 Final

Post by cpeter2 »

This is my website that i made for project 3. https://www.grc175.com/student/spring-2 ... index.html

I On this assignments i had a small problem initially with getting some of the assets i put on the page
to stick. However after some time I was able to figure it out and was able to get this website to work
as i wanted it to. I hope that you will all enjoy the website. Also on the website clicking on the icon at
the top left will send you back to the home page.

> Oh yah also this website https://www.w3schools.com/css/default.asp Helped me Immensely
on this assignment and its a nice tool to use. Check it out.
.    .   * ✵   🚀   ✦
✦. 🛸 Carl   ✦   
· ✦     . *       

estrellau

Re: Project 03 Final

Post by estrellau »

Hello :D
I like how aesthetically pleasing it looks, it is also easy to navigate which I appreciate. And I like the recruiting theme that you have. Nice job
I'm trying my best ┐(´∀`)┌ .......
Estrella

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

"Oh hai, Carl" I love the aesthetics of this thing. A weird website for a very weird movie.

The whole thing looks a bit like a movie poster. You've clearly gone out of your way to match the aesthetics of the film. And it works, by and large. I like that each inner page has a different scene from the movie. You picked dark enough screenshots that I didn't lose your navigation. Also, Tommy Wiseau looks appropriately extraterrestrial in all of them. The transparent gray of your bodycopy container was a nice move too. It looks like a grimy part of the screen which fits with the movie's aesthetics. It's also just opaque enough to pop your bodycopy. Your navigation is easy to fins and I like it's non-standard placement. Your website is nicely liquid, if not responsive.

The margins on your bodycopy container on your inner pages are a little tight. I think the whole thing would have looked a little better if you has used a sans-serif type throughout rather than the serif type. The layout of the bodycopy is a little plain compared to the great pages you've built.

Nicely done, Carl!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

jacklyn_yamine

Post by jacklyn_yamine »

Hi Carl,
I really like that you took up the entire background with screen shots from the movie which seems to be dark enough to put white text over it and still have it be perfectly legible. You made a good choice in moving the navigation from it's usual placements so that the main scene can be seen with minimal stuff and text over it. I think the pages that have purely text for the content, the text could be bigger, even if that means taking up more space and they could use some more padding within their gray box containers.
JacklynYamine

kmohara5190

Post by kmohara5190 »

Hi Carl,
Nice website, it really goes with the theme of the movie. I like how simply laid out it is, it looks clean and is easy to navigate. There is a lot of gray so maybe changing the background image to another scene in the film with more color could look good. Great job!
Kierann O'Hara

Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Hi Carl,
Great job! It's aesthetically pleasing to look at and easily navigatable. Love how you choose a different background for each section. The only thing I can think of is making the text as big as the text box, but still giving it breathing room around the edges. Other than that, this is great!
Kassandra Fuentes

kendall_the_mann

Post by kendall_the_mann »

Hi Carl!

Hahahaha, I love your website choice. I think you did a good job capturing the vibe of the movie with your layout and font choices, and I love that you use a lot of imagery in your design as well! I think the only thing I could suggest is making the type a bit bigger, but other than that this is a really fun website and definitely cleaner than the original, good job!
-Kendall Mann

it's_crysta

Post by it's_crysta »

Hi Carl, I like how easy your site is to use and how you placed the navigation on the right side of the page. The transparent boxes over the full picture backgrounds looks really good too. Good work!
it's Crysta (Clark)

i feel like i'm on neopets again

Mal-Festio

Post by Mal-Festio »

Hello Carl,

Great website, like how you changed each background image to another scene of the movie. And the choices of fonts are nice. The navigation is also very easy to use. The body text is small however.
Jordi Cruz Trujillo

Hamistani

Post by Hamistani »

Hello Carl,
This looks really good! I like how there are different backgrounds for each of the pages. I've never seen this movie, but I think your website does a good job showing it off. I like the way your pages are arranged, and I like the navigation button's location. I would make the body copy text a little bigger. Great job!
- Heather Amistani
Ehhh, What's up Doc? ;)