Prelim work

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
estrellau

Prelim work

Post by estrellau »

I decided to make them minimalistic because It is a school page and I wanted to keep it easy to navigate.
Attachments
web-phone2page.png
phone-web_1.png
web-page-2.png
Artboard 3.png
phone-page2-1.png
phone-rough1.png
Artboard 2.png
Artboard 1.png
I'm trying my best ┐(´∀`)┌ .......
Estrella

Kassandra

Re: Prelim work

Post by Kassandra »

Hi Estrella,
I love that you kept it minimal because it looks clean. The photos you used still give it the artistic quality with the dynamic use of lines. I really like your first design, especially how you staggered the text in the second web page layout. Maybe incorporating that throughout the pages would give it some dynamic and eye movement :). Great job!
Kassandra Fuentes

Krueckl

Post by Krueckl »

Hi Estrella,
I also worked on recreating the Yale website. Not an easy website to navigate! I personally like your first design the best that has the grey background. The information is all there and easy to navigate. I think that adding the logo to the site is an important factor as well. I love the image of the line designs you used and that it is an minimalistic yet creative approach. Nice job!
:) KATHY RUECKL

kmohara5190

Post by kmohara5190 »

Hi Estrella,
I think I like your first design the best because of the contrast of the white, black and gray. It makes your design look super artsy! The only thing I think you could change is how minimal it is, I think you could add some buttons or text to limit the empty space. Good job!
Kierann O'Hara

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Oh, super minimalist! An interesting design choice, Estrella. It paid off here.

I like your blue designs best. They seem to have a little more contrast because the blue is darker. It makes for a better backdrop for the images, I think. Your images areas are large and will lend themselves to showing off their exhibitions and student artwork. Everything stands out better against it. I also like the prominent "Yale" on the homepage of the blue ones. I actually don't mind that you're using hamburger navigation on your computer layout pages, just because it goes better with your minimalist design ethic here. Minimalist designs are made or broken on their use of margin. You've used it quite skillfully here. There's a lot of space to be sure, but nothing really fragments. You also use alignment very well here, making all sorts of interesting edges and lines just by your placement of text and objects.

I'd recommend seeing what the design looks like with an image or two more, especially on the inner pages. I'm also wondering what it'd look like with a hard edged sans-serif type. I think that would enhance the minimalism. Make sure to size your topic buttons on your inner page to the longest word or phrase that's in them. "Brochures & Documentation" is a little crowded on the left and right edges. Make sure also that the text in those buttons are vertically centered.

Good work!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

Hamistani

Post by Hamistani »

Hello Estrella,
These look great! I really like the slate gray design that you have. These look clean and minimalistic. I love the font choices, and I like how you arranged the page. I think I would incorporate more art into the design, in order to show off the work of the students. I would also make the font a bit smaller in the navigation buttons, some of them look a bit crowded. Great job!
- Heather Amistani
Ehhh, What's up Doc? ;)

jacklyn_yamine

Post by jacklyn_yamine »

Hi Estrella,
I really like your minimalist designs. I like best the set of designs that have the gray and dark blue color backgrounds with the fluid lines as images in them. I love how you put the school's contact info on the image and how you are using type on the layout as a whole, keeping things very neat, clean, and easy to read. It seems like you want the colors to change depending on the device it is showing on (?). I would try to stick to one or the other, but they both look great with the simple white background images you are using. Great job with the minimalistic approach :)
JacklynYamine

Mal-Festio

Post by Mal-Festio »

Hello Estrella,

When I first got into your post and looked at your first one, I thought that is the one you should go with. It looks very modern and clean so I thought it was fitting for the Yale School of Art. I can also image the blue and grey made a transition when you between pages. The second one is also very interesting as well, I think the image with the wall of painting is an interesting way to view the artwork.
Jordi Cruz Trujillo

it's_crysta

Post by it's_crysta »

Hi Estrella, I like how this is just like, the complete opposite of what Yale's art website looks like right now. It's very clean and minimal. Good work!
it's Crysta (Clark)

i feel like i'm on neopets again

ItsAllisxn

Post by ItsAllisxn »

Hi Estrella,

Nice work on simplifying this website! The original is definitely an eyesore. Personally, I like the grey layout, it helps to bring out the image. It really feels like an art website. My suggestion on your homepage is to bring down the "contact us" part of the layout so there's more room for the image. Great work!
Allison Hartmann - Kachow 8-)