Project 03 Prelim

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
comicsansfanclub

Project 03 Prelim

Post by comicsansfanclub »

Hi!
I chose Toronto Cupcake to redesign https://torontocupcake.com/index.html it's really... bad. I attempted to redesign the logo, but I'm not 100% set on it. The original website is very hard to navigate and isn't very aesthetically pleasing so I tried my best to fix that. For my first set of designs, I opted for the designs to follow the same color scheme of the cupcake image that i choose to represent Toronto cupcake. I wanted to make this set of designs look both professional and fun so I chose fonts that I thought would best transmit those feelings. For my second set of designs, I took a minimalist approach and choose fonts and images that would match that aesthetic. I wanted Toronto Cupcake to look modern and youthful in this set.
wensite01_01.jpg
website01_02.jpg
mobile_01_01.jpg
mobile01_02.jpg
website02_01.jpg
website02_02.jpg
mobile_02_01.jpg
mobile_02_02.jpg
✧・゚: *✧・゚:*Hazzie Castaneda*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Kassandra

Re: Project 03 Prelim

Post by Kassandra »

Hi Hazzie,
I'm torn between both of your designs! These are sooooo good! I love the professional look you took with your first design, and it's something different from what I have seen from everyone else's design. However, I do love your second layout too, especially how you incorporated the hand holding the cupcake. I also noticed how you switched the cupcake logo color to match the layout design colors. Both of these are looking great, and there is not really something I can think of improving right now. Great job!
Kassandra Fuentes

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

I like your first one here, Hazzie. It's both high contrast AND appetizing. Two great tastes that taste great together.

Your photo choices really are fantastic on these. They do such a fantastic job selling the cupcakes that you decided (correctly in my opinion) that it really needed minimal type and what type their was would just compliment the images, which are doing all the talking. My favorite image is the hand presenting me a chocolate cupcake with mixed berries on it. That being said, they type you did decide to put in is well placed and easy to see and read. The font choices really work well together too. Great use of margin on this thing. Pretty much all of the elements are uncrowded and have the room to breathe that they need without getting too fragmented. I really like your semi-transparent nav bar. It's transparent enough to let the image through, but opaque enough to make itself known. Your navigation is easy to see and use also.

I think all it really needs is a little more margin in the arc below your logo on the computer layout. That's it. That's all I can find that's wrong.

Excellent work! I'll take one of those chocolate jobbies with the blackberry and the blueberry on top.
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

jacklyn_yamine

Post by jacklyn_yamine »

Hi Hazzie,
We did the same site! I love the images you found of the single cupcakes that are similar to what she has on her site currently. I like your second version because it keeps the original pink design and I think the typeface works better with the branding than the first one. That soft pink is so cute compared to making everything dark as you did in the first design. The only thing I would play with is where to line the nav info to the logo on the computer layout as well as giving it a little more breathing room at the top. Great job!
JacklynYamine

kmohara5190

Post by kmohara5190 »

Hi Hazzie,
I love your first design, it is really clean and the color scheme is great. I really like the white and black and how it pops! The only thing I would change is the hand at the bottom of phone version of the “Your Favorites”, it looks a little out of place. Great job!
Kierann O'Hara

it's_crysta

Post by it's_crysta »

HI Hazzie, I really like your first design and your logo redesign. You have some really good picture and typeface choices too. Looks really good, great job!
it's Crysta (Clark)

i feel like i'm on neopets again

Hamistani

Post by Hamistani »

Hello Hazzie,
WOW! I love your designs! I prefer the first one because it has a great contrast between the image and the cupcakes. I really like the menu layout; I think it was very smart to have the arrows to show off the different cupcakes. The font choices you chose are amazing and the website is overall clean. I would move the logo up a bit to give it a bit more margin on the bottom. It looks very easy to navigate, and I am looking forward to seeing this website live!
- Heather Amistani
Ehhh, What's up Doc? ;)

Mal-Festio

Post by Mal-Festio »

Hello Hazzie,

I am really into the contrast the first one concept, the fading dark border is very interesting. The imagery is also very great. The second comcept also has great color scheme as well. Most importantly though, you did a great job simplifying the information in both of them.
Jordi Cruz Trujillo

gavin_clouser

Post by gavin_clouser »

I love the first design. It is so clean and easy to look at. You have really strong imagery here and the Navbar looks spectacular over the black picture. It's really good and I think you should use that one.
gclouser701

ItsAllisxn

Post by ItsAllisxn »

Hi Hazzie,

Wow these are some awesome layouts! I personally really like the first set of layouts. The black works really well the emphasize the pictures of the cupcakes. I also am a huge fan of your header, I like how your redesigned logo is incorporated into it and makes a slight dip. The web and mobile version are very cohesive to one another and look amazing. I'm really excited to see how you use the arrows with the cupcakes to make it more interactive. Great job!
Allison Hartmann - Kachow 8-)