Prelim

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
Lemon_boi

Prelim

Post by Lemon_boi »

http://somewhereintimereno.com/ Here is my website! Its a local antique shop here in Reno by the Nevada fine arts store. I really just wanted to focus on giving the website a vintage feel! So for the first design I wanted to give it an art deco theme but for the second layout I decided to add photographic images that would really emphasis the idea that its an antique store. Im hoping to visit the store this weekend to take actual pictures of the store and cool finds. badwebsitemobile-04.png[/attachment]
badwebsite-01.png
badwebsite-01.png (309.81 KiB) Viewed 825 times
[/img]
badwebsite-02.png
badwebsite-02.png (2.78 MiB) Viewed 825 times
badwebsite-03.png
badwebsite-03.png (590.95 KiB) Viewed 825 times
badwebsite-04.png
badwebsite-04.png (1.58 MiB) Viewed 825 times
badwebsitemobile-01.png
badwebsitemobile-02.png
badwebsitemobile-03.png
[attachment=0]
Attachments
badwebsitemobile-04.png
Lin V. :)

Kassandra

Re: Prelim

Post by Kassandra »

Hi Lin,
Love both of our designs! I think a lot of people use photos a lot, so I'm going to have to go with your first design. The colors and design feel antique, and it's a unique design to the shop. The only thing I can think of fixing right now is aligning the Tuesday times to the rest of the times. Right now it's a little too far into the right. Great job!
Kassandra Fuentes

estrellau

Post by estrellau »

I really like both they look cool and have like a theme I also think if you mix them up they can also look cool like one homepage with the other main, very cool. 8-)
I'm trying my best ┐(´∀`)┌ .......
Estrella

kmohara5190

Post by kmohara5190 »

Hi Lin,
I really enjoy your first design, and think that is the one you should go with! I like the font for the buttons, but I think you should make the font bolder for the title, it will make it stand out more. Good job!
Kierann O'Hara

Krueckl

Post by Krueckl »

Hi Lin,
Nice designs. I like the first one the best. I like the use of the lines and the colors chosen making it have high contrast. It is clear and looks easy to navigate. It looks clean and simple. I think the orange and brown colors were a good choice for an antique shop.
:) KATHY RUECKL

it's_crysta

Post by it's_crysta »

Hey Lin, I really like the Art Deco theme you decided to go with. The colors and design really go with the feel of the store. I also like how in the home page the half circle looks like a clock, goes hand in hand with the name of the store. Good work!
it's Crysta (Clark)

i feel like i'm on neopets again

jacklyn_yamine

Post by jacklyn_yamine »

Oh, I love your first design in black and gold that has a very art deo-y feel to it. While, that hourglass image is also working I really like the black and gold and the way you have the map in a diamond shape is very unique and cool. That arch over the text on the initial home screen is very cool and could be seen as an elevator stopping at different levels of years or a sun that rises and sets everyday. I like the more block-like sans serif font that you use, it matches with the lines that encompass everything as the background. Very cool.
JacklynYamine

kendall_the_mann

Post by kendall_the_mann »

Hi Lin!

Wow, your art deco design is incredible!! It's very Great Gatsby, and it definitely made me want to check out the store! I think it works better than the photographic layout in terms of design and definitely in terms of aesthetic/theme.

You did such a great job, I can't wait to see the final website!
-Kendall Mann

gavin_clouser

Post by gavin_clouser »

Hi Lin, I personally like your second site with the imagery. The nav bar is easy to follow and easy to read and I feel like visitors would have an easier time navigating the site.
gclouser701

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Oh Art Deco! Achingly Art Deco! So Art Deco it hurts! Nicely done, Lin.

As much as it pains me to pick against the more Deco of the two, I must go with your second design. It's fantastic photos and atmosphere draw me in. Plus, I can't feel too put out since it's still got a little Deco on the inner pages. Your photo choices are excellent. That home page photo in particular just sucked me right in. Great type choices as well. The type reinforces and emphasizes the atmosphere. It's easy to read against the photos which makes your navigation easy to see and use. Both the script type and the sans-serif type work well together. As I mentioned previously, I like the little Deco accents on the inner page. I also like that you carried over the colors from the home page image in a gradient (or just made the homepage image super blurry, I'm not sure). You used a building blocks method for your inner page that makes it super easy to make both a mobile and computer version of the same layout. And you chose another great atmospheric photo for the inner page.

I'd scoot your bodycopy block over so it's left edge matches the left edge of the "H" in "Home". Also, where's your navigation on the inner page design? I don't see it.

Great work!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173