Project 3 Preliminary

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
ItsAllisxn

Re: Project 3 Preliminary

Post by ItsAllisxn »

Hi Kierann,

This is a great redesign to the original website. Both of the layouts work well in their own ways, but I'm personally more drawn to the first one. I really appreciate how well the background image is faded into the white header you have. The "shop now" call to action button is a great addition, and I like the playful "baked fresh daily" text. The lines dividing your tabs are a nice touch. Right now, your tabs and your tagline are competing for hierarchy, I'd suggest making the tabs in a less bold font to make the "baked fresh daily!" stand out more. Great work! Can't wait to see your final.
Allison Hartmann - Kachow 8-)

comicsansfanclub

Post by comicsansfanclub »

Hi Kierann,

Niceee, we choose the same website 8-) 100% improvement from the original! I'm very torn between your first and third layout. They are both very straight forward and have a very pleasing layout. I think that if you go for the first layout, the pink top borderline can be taken away because right now, I'm not sure what that is and it's a bit distracting, and takes the attention from your cool design. If you go for your third design, I would make sure that the type in the navigation bar are evenly distributed. Whatever you end up choosing will be great. Excited to see your final.
✧・゚: *✧・゚:*Hazzie Castaneda*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Mal-Festio

Post by Mal-Festio »

Hello Kierann,

I think both of them are really good. I really like the Navigation in the first and the second has pretty nice contrast. But I think the "Baked Fresh Daily" makes me like the first the most. Though I think the margins are a bit too close to the edge.
Jordi Cruz Trujillo

aka_fefi

Post by aka_fefi »

Hi Kierann,

I really like the second design. It's super fun and brings some good cupcake energy. It's a nice and unique design and I really like that you kept the elements from the homepage and just reduced the opacity. I think all your designs are pretty good the second one is just definitely my favorite.
Stephanie Serpa

Everything I know about web design is from ~*myspace*~

rmepinero

Post by rmepinero »

Hi Kierann,

I love that you went for a bakery website. I think food-related websites have the potential to be super strong especially when you use good imagery, which is what you did! (I honestly want a cupcake right now). I do think the black background with cupcakes is stronger. Especially with the headline “bright your day” contrasting with the black background it just fits that phrase so well and makes everything so much stronger.
Rowena Piñero
"My vibe is like, hey you could probably pour soup in my lap and I'll apologize to you."