Project03

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
gavin_clouser

Project03

Post by gavin_clouser »

Here was the website I chose to redesign. http://yogurtbeach.com/nv/

I'm going for a modern clean look.
Attachments
yogurt_beach01.png
yogurt_beach02_mobile_fundraiser.png
yogurt_beach02_mobile.png
yogurt_beach_fundraiser02.png
yogurt_beach_fundraiser.png
yogurt_beach02.png
yogurt_beach_01_mobile.png
yogurt_beach_01_fundraiser_mobile.png
gclouser701

Kassandra

Re: Project03

Post by Kassandra »

Hi Gavin,
Great choice of images, layout, and color. You accomplished your goal of making it look modern, it looks clean and is easy to navigate. I think you should stick with using the green every-now-and-then because it just adds that little splash of color and it goes with the green color of the logo. The only thing I suggest is to center align the text 'Cause' with the images. Great job!
Kassandra Fuentes

Anayik

Post by Anayik »

Hi Gavin,

Well don't making this super clean and easy to navigate. Your use of imagery is spot on too, makes me want froyo as I'm looking at these. My only suggestion would be to incorporate that green from the logo into your text more...I think it suits the beach vibe of the business. Looks good!
Kiana Bohm

Krueckl

Post by Krueckl »

Hi Gavin,
You layouts look great. They are very clean and are easy to navigate. Your use of photo images makes it bright and pop. I would suggest to add the names of the flavors of the month under the images that are in the mobile version layouts. You did that in the "shop our flavors" mobile version and it makes it easier to understand what you are looking at :)
:) KATHY RUECKL

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Mmmmmm, yogurt! Both of these designs are super clean and a bit similar looking, however I prefer your second design with the center aligned logo.

It feels better laid out to me. I like the vertical columns and how easily it translates between mobile and computer layouts. Using your imagery as backgrounds for your text was a strong choice. Great image selection, too! I'm getting hungry just looking at it. Each image reinforces and expands on the paragraph it's backing up. And the product pictures do a superb job of selling themselves. One peach yogurt, please! The cleanliness of the layout allows the eye to pass through the design and down to the product areas extremely easily. The text is easy to read. The navigation is easy to see and use. I especially like the way the navigation is bisected by the logo. That adds a lot of visual interest.

The only real issue I have with this one is that it's a little too clean. The layout is plenty fine, but the sea of white feels dull. I would bring in some of the wacky colors form the logo and use them to add visual interest to the layout. The use of the neon green in your headlines on your mobile version is a good start.

Good work!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

jacklyn_yamine

Post by jacklyn_yamine »

Hi Gavin,
I really like the images you are using and both designs are so clean and simple making it easy to read and navigate. I like the second design with the logo centered in the header. I like your Shop our Flavors piece over the flavor of the month and the Our Story looks better than the About Us, that green by itself doesn't pop enough so it is hard to read but the all white text looks great. I love how you have laid out your text over the images. These look so good and now I want some frozen yogurt!
JacklynYamine

Hamistani

Post by Hamistani »

Hello Gavin,
I prefer your second design more because I like the centered logo. I like how the shop our flavors are on the home screen, and I like the inner pages. On the mobile version, I find it hard to read about us, so I would put an opacity filter on the image, and I would add more color to both layouts for a bit more contrast. Great job!
- Heather Amistani
Ehhh, What's up Doc? ;)

ItsAllisxn

Post by ItsAllisxn »

Hi Gavin,

This is such a cleaner design from the original website, it looks more modern and professional. I like your use of imagery and type. I really like the use of green incorporated into some of the text you have. My only suggestion is to use the green a bit more throughout the layouts. Great work!
Allison Hartmann - Kachow 8-)

it's_crysta

Post by it's_crysta »

Hey Gavin, you definitely elevated the website, the original one isn't bad per say but you absolutely made it look better. Your layouts look nice and you picked some great photos. Great job!
it's Crysta (Clark)

i feel like i'm on neopets again

kmohara5190

Post by kmohara5190 »

Hi Gavin,
I think I like your second design a little better, it feels more balanced. I think if you added more colors to your fonts, it would fit the theme of yogurt and be more tailored towards kids. Good job!
Kierann O'Hara