Prelim Project 03 (ノω・、)

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
Hamistani

Re: Prelim Project 03 (ノω・、)

Post by Hamistani »

Hello Olive,
I'm so sorry that happened, but I could totally see Roller Kingdom having a bad website based on the viral ad they had a few years back.:lol:
I grew up going to roller kingdom, and I think your first website captures the energy that it has. With the colors, I can hear the song evacuate the dance floor playing right now. I would change the font of the body copy. I did a neon font theme design last year, and I used minion pro as a body copy. I'm not sure if it will work, but its worth a try. Great job, I'm looking forward to seeing this in action!
- Heather Amistani
Ehhh, What's up Doc? ;)

Mal-Festio

Post by Mal-Festio »

Hello Olivia,

Well I think your second concept is really neat. It's really groovy and fun than the redesign they had. I think though in your calender, the white feels a bit off. I think maybe consider using the purple or even the green instead and maybe change the text color with a slightly darker color. Also the orange social media icons are out of place, maybe change to the yellow or green.

I don't know if this might help, this is the last snapshot of the website from January 19 2021 from the Wayback Machine
https://web.archive.org/web/20210119120 ... ngdom.org/
Jordi Cruz Trujillo

it's_crysta

Post by it's_crysta »

Hi Olivia, both of your redesigns look really good, I love the purple/blacklight in your first one and the bowling ally carpet for the background in the second one. I think i'd go with your first design though, The font you chose is fun and I like the pictures and the transparency in it. Great work!
it's Crysta (Clark)

i feel like i'm on neopets again

ItsAllisxn

Post by ItsAllisxn »

Hi Olivia,

Wow, what are the chances that they redesign their website right when you're about to :D . I took a look at their redesigned website. I've lived in Reno pretty much my whole life, and even though the new website is cleaner now, it doesn't have that "Roller Kingdom" personality and atmosphere that it should have. Your website really brings out their personality as a whole compared to the new one, the new one is too basic. Even the background on the "about me" page is in reference to the carpet walls around the rink. I think you did a great job!
Allison Hartmann - Kachow 8-)

comicsansfanclub

Post by comicsansfanclub »

Hi Olivia,

That's so funny! That website hasn't been updated in years! You did an amazing job though! I think that you successfully delivered the Roller Kingdom personality into your website, which is something that the new website doesn't have. The colors that you chose are very fitting to the Roller Kingdom environment and it takes me back to when I would constantly go when I was younger. I'm excited to see what you do on your final
✧・゚: *✧・゚:*Hazzie Castaneda*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

aka_fefi

Post by aka_fefi »

Hi Olive,

Well I guess someone had to catch on to how crazy their website was eventually, yours has a ton more personality than their redesigned one. I love the second design, the background is so 90's, it's amazing. Personally, I would go with that one, the black and the bright pink is a little bit much.
Stephanie Serpa

Everything I know about web design is from ~*myspace*~

rmepinero

Post by rmepinero »

Hi Olivia,

First off that’s so crazy that that happened. So random! But still, your website designs are strong and going in a great direction. I especially like the borders around the images. I would say that whichever direction you go, just give some margin all around, buttons, header, etc. All looks great!
Rowena Piñero
"My vibe is like, hey you could probably pour soup in my lap and I'll apologize to you."