Project 3 Preliminary

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
Hamistani

Project 3 Preliminary

Post by Hamistani »

Hello Everyone,
I decided to redo the Yale School of Art Website. Make sure you click on different navigation buttons because each background is different.
https://www.art.yale.edu/

For the first layout, I wanted a professional/clean look, and I wanted to show off the art of Yale students, so I made their art big in order to show the detail. The pictures I want to be a link to their other pieces of art. The logo for the Yale School of Art is blue, red, and yellow, so I decided to use red because I thought it looked the most professional. For the mobile version, I want a roll-over arrow to click to see more pictures.

For the second layout, I wanted contrast. I added rectangles of different sizes and colors to make the layout look interesting. I added a picture of the Yale campus, their most recent exhibition, and a picture of different Yale signs. For the mobile version, I did the same thing.

I'm looking forward to hearing your guys' feedback! :mrgreen:
Attachments
project3-hma-01.png
project2-hma-02.png
project3-hma-03.png
project3-hma-04.png
Project3-hma-10.png
project3-hma-06.png
project3-hma-07.png
project3-hma-08.png
- Heather Amistani
Ehhh, What's up Doc? ;)

Anayik

Re: Project 3 Preliminary

Post by Anayik »

Hi Heather!

Really nice job on making both of your concepts look really professional. They could both be believable as the actual art school's page...especially since they look so much more professional than the real one.

That being said I really dig your second concept over the first one. It has a very energetic and contemporary feel with the colored blocks...I also dig that they are primary colors...very fitting for an art school! And strong for choices and composition
Kiana Bohm

Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Hi Heather,
Both of your designs are great! They are clean, look professional, still incorporate art pieces, and it's so easy to read and navigate. Both of these are great, but I might have to go with your second design. I love how you incorporated their logo colors into the color boxes with text. Great job, Heather!
Kassandra Fuentes

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Oh yeah, another Yale one!

I really like your second design here. I think the strongest part of it to me is the integration of the Yale Art shield's red, yellow, and blue into the design. The alternating pattern of images and text is very strong too. All the text is easy to see and read and your navigation is well placed and easy to use. Typographically it's super, super clean and your headline and bodycopy typefaces work hand in glove. Nice choices on your imagery as well. They really help reflect what this website's all about and back your text up. By and large it uses margin well too. Everything has room to breathe and is not too crowded. Your use of alignment is very good here too. You use it to create little edges throughout the document that don't exist yet the human eye makes them exist. I love it when I see good alignment.

You and I have talked about these before and resolved most of my issues with them. The only thing I notice here is on your home page. The left margins are different in each text box, both on your computer layout and your mobile layout. I think an interesting fix would be to justify your type and make the inner margins match. i.e. The right margin of your blue and red boxes and the left margin of your yellow box. Effectively center aligning your text boxes.

Nice work!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

it's_crysta

Post by it's_crysta »

Hey Heather, Both of your designs look really nice. I like how in the second one you included all of the color that they use in their logo instead of just the red. I also like the picture and typeface you chose. Looks great!
it's Crysta (Clark)

i feel like i'm on neopets again

jacklyn_yamine

Post by jacklyn_yamine »

Hi Heather,
I really like that you took the colors from the shield as your color palette for the site's color scheme, however, in your second design, that yellow is just so bright, which is why my favorite is your first design. I really like your use of the red color in this design as well as your chosen typography, the serif and sans serif fonts complement each other so well. It's so clean... :D
JacklynYamine

Mal-Festio

Post by Mal-Festio »

Both design are very well done. They layout are easy to look through and it doesn't at all feel overwhelming. But between the two, my favorite it the second concept. I really like the use of the primary colors for the color scheme and the layout is very interesting and dynamic.
Jordi Cruz Trujillo

gavin_clouser

Post by gavin_clouser »

I think both of your designs are strong and much improved from the original. If this was my project I would use the second design. Its strong and well organized.
gclouser701

comicsansfanclub

Post by comicsansfanclub »

Hi Heather,

Such a great improvement from the original! You have some two very strong designs in where they are both very clean layouts that look very professional. The type that you chose is also really nice. I'm most drawn to your second design the most because I really like how the primary colors are really emphasized within that layout. I also really like how those colors within your layout tie in very nicely with their original logo that also has those same primary colors. Looks very artsy and professional. Very nice job :D
✧・゚: *✧・゚:*Hazzie Castaneda*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

kendall_the_mann

Post by kendall_the_mann »

Hi Heather!

I love both of your designs a lot! I definitely favor the primary color one with the red, blue and yellow! It's so professional but still fun. I think the only thing I could suggest is maybe playing with thinner fonts for the header since it's a little bold.

Awesome designs, you did an incredible job with such a bad original website haha
-Kendall Mann