Preliminary 01

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
hannahp

Preliminary 01

Post by hannahp »

For my design inspirations, I would have to say these two inspired me the most:
https://www.behance.net/hyeranegg
https://www.tastefullytash.com/

In terms of color schemes and text these two inspired me the most because I already knew I wanted to go with a pink theme overall because it represents me best and both of these demonstrate that. Along with the textual elements and graphics displayed. The first website especially because the color scheme that includes the yellows and blues, this is one that I use often when told to design something that it meant to represent me. The first set of roughs definitely shows this more and is probably my favorite of the two. The second I tried to go with a more muted vibe but I'm not so sure it worked fully in my favor, though I do not dislike the outcome.
layout01_web_175_hkp.png
layout01_web_175_hkp.png (1022.34 KiB) Viewed 1161 times
layout01_mobile_175_hkp.png
layout02_web_175_hkp.png
layout02_web_175_hkp.png (521.86 KiB) Viewed 1161 times
layout02_mobile_175_hkp.png

kendall_the_mann

Re: Preliminary 01

Post by kendall_the_mann »

Hi Hannah!

It always feels like a privilege looking at your designs and these are no exception! I absolutely love the flower design, I think the yellow is definitely needed to make the pink background pop. I think the only advice I have is maybe add yellow frames for where your projects will go when you upload them! I would love to see more of the yellow and what you're thinking about in terms of project placement.

Awesome designs as always, can't wait to see your final website : )
-Kendall Mann

Hamistani

Post by Hamistani »

Hello Hannah,
These designs are great! I really like the first rough! I like how the colors all compliment each other and how the fonts go well together. For the second rough, I love the font you chose for the body text, but I would add another color to it. Overall, great job! :D
- Heather Amistani
Ehhh, What's up Doc? ;)

Krueckl

Post by Krueckl »

Hi Hannah,

You made some really pretty layouts. I enjoy the first design the best because of the colors you used. They are vibrant and beautiful. I would add a bit more explanation about yourself. Although I really like the colors, the yellow text against the pastel blue is a bit hard to read so, I might play around with that a bit more? I am excited to see what your finishing touches look like for this project. Nice job!
:) KATHY RUECKL

jacklyn_yamine

Post by jacklyn_yamine »

Hi Hannah,
These are both really nice designs and I love your flower imagery in the first one. I think that one is best because of the flower image but also because of the better contrast between the yellow and pink colors, the second design is just too muted to me. It is not as fun to look at and doesn't make me want to explore it as mush as the first design if I were someone who visited your site and thought about looking at the rest of your work. Other than that, great job!
JacklynYamine

it's_crysta

Post by it's_crysta »

Hi Hannah,
I really like your first design and that you used a primary color pallet, the color are soft and nice to look at but I'd try either lightening the pink a bit more or darkening the blue a little more so it'd be easier to read. I also think you could make the text box that your description is in skinnier so you line length isn't too long. The flower decal you have is nice too and goes along with what you made. Nice work!
it's Crysta (Clark)

i feel like i'm on neopets again

Anayik

Post by Anayik »

Hi Hannah,

I think you really nailed a certain look here. I love your first design. It's like contemporary-vintage-mod or something lol. Idk exactly but its cool! (reminds me of https://mariamarie.com you might take some inspiration from her site). Other than giving more space around your text in the menu bar, the only thing I would adjust is the value of your colors. You might have to either lighten the pink background a little or darken the blue of your name. Right now the values are too close and its a little hard on the eyes. Adjusting it even a little might be all you need to get alot more contrast.

Super excited to see where this goes
Kiana Bohm

Olive

Post by Olive »

Hi Hannah :D

your designs are super cute! I love the colors you chose for each they are very pleasant and work well. I like the first one but I feel it could use another color or tint and a second type style for the headline
\₍ᐢ•ﻌ•ᐢ₎*・゚。 Olivia Reyes ( ^..^)ノ

ItsAllisxn

Post by ItsAllisxn »

Hello Hannah!

I love both of these designs. They really match your style from the previous class we've been in and it gives a lot of your personality. I like both of these, but personally your first one really sticks out to me. The flower image is a great addition. Your design as a whole is very minimalistic which I really like. The only thing that I'm not too sure on is the yellow on blue and pink. Maybe a white would work better? It's a little hard to see and blends in with the backgrounds. Great work! I'm excited to see what your final design looks like :)
Allison Hartmann - Kachow 8-)

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Oh nice. I like the first pastel design better. It has a whole gentle feel to it that's really appealing. Also, don't for get to add a signature in your User Control Panel there, stranger.

I like the little flower arrangement you have here. It has a great texture to it, almost as if it was embroidered into your design. Very visually pleasing and works well with your pastel colors. Speaking of pastel colors, they really work here. I'm ususally a doubter of color schemes that are entirely pastels, but I think your blue is just dark enough to create a smidgeon of contrast. The most visually interesting thing in your design though is your name on the website. I love the stacking of the serif type over the script type almost as if it creates a drop shadow of script type. It looks so cool! The typefaces you chose for the design work pretty decently actually. They're a little plan, but they work nicely in the soft pastel wonderland you've built here. Your navigation is easy to see and use thanks to your yellow buttons.

I'd recommend either adding a bit more margin to the header so it kicks off the edge (say, as much as you gave your bodycopy), or expand the header out to touch the edges. Also, I'd recommend adding a little margin to the inside around your class info and email (the buttons have plenty of margin) so they're a little farther from the edge. Add a bit more margin to the class information down at the bottom left. I'd like to see a little more content int the content area to the left.

Nice work, Hannah!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173