Question for Project 2

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
nelso220

Question for Project 2

Post by nelso220 »

I'm having a hard time, not really with trying to come up with a concept, but I'm having trouble trying to work with some of the website's design choices that I'm recreating. Mainly, my question is, how far can we go with changing the website's logo? This is my website I'm redoing btw- http://www.gameforce.biz/index.html

I really originally wanted to try redesigning their website without overly introducing copyrighted characters/icons/logos that represent other big companies, but they literally have mario and starfox as part of their logo. I have no idea if the logo/icon behind the text is from an actual game, or if it's something they made up, and I don't know how well I could recreate it.

So do I have to use their same exact logo? Or can I just redesign it, almost completely? I'm guessing some other classmates may have websites that don't even have logos! I probably either won't have digital files to present in class by tonight, or have them, but not have a well-rendered out logo.
Ashlie Nelson

brienicole

Re: Question for Project 2

Post by brienicole »

for this project, I bet its up to you. Ill let Michael answer that one. But in my case. They do have a logo and its part of their branding. ( on their t shirts etc..) so I kept the logo and just changed the color of the logo.
~Brianne Porterfield
"What a crazy random happenstance!"

smith206

Post by smith206 »

I redesigned my logo. I doubt its a big deal and in their case its probably better that you do redesign the logo because they could probably be sued for having those characters as a "logo". For most of these sites I doubt people have these awesome logos if they have a website that sucks so I wouldn't think twice about it.
Kyle Smith

nelso220

Post by nelso220 »

thanks you two! C:
Ashlie Nelson

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Your classmates are correct, you can redesign the logo if you feel you need to.
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173