Project_04_prelim

Post links to your Project Four websites for discussion and feedback.
Brandon_P

Project_04_prelim

Post by Brandon_P »

Here are my designs sorry for getting them up late, but couldn't get much done this last week being sick.
project_04_design_01_01.png
project_04design_01_02.png
project_04_design_02_01.png
project_04design_02_02.png
project_04_design_03_01.png
project_04design_03_02.png
project_04_design_04_01.png
project_04design_04_02.png
Brandon Plunkett

trixiapanda

Re: Project_04_prelim

Post by trixiapanda »

I like the first concept more the second one, since the concept fits better for the theme itself. There are some contrast issues between the type and the bright green boxes (the nav / links), so maybe change the white type to black, or tone down the green?
♡ Trixia Benitez

Abused Oreo

Post by Abused Oreo »

I like what you did with both designs. Theyre both simple but interesting to look at. i like how you have the art in the background of the blue design. Not much i would change in either design. Great work!
Taylor Von Stetina

NalaniN

Post by NalaniN »

Hi Brandon,

You definitely have a knack for clean, open designs. Both are very nice. I think the clouds are a clever way to work with the TMCC mountain, and look so unusual and interesting! I also like the smooth gradients in the backgrounds of both layouts. One thing that may be improved is that the layouts maybe feel a little too clean and open for a graphic arts program. I'd expect a little more "artsiness" from such a program, so maybe a few more things to look at would be nice.
Very nice work!
Nalani Nickles

genesis_urena

Post by genesis_urena »

Hello! I think you got two nice ideas over here. Im likening the blue one the most. Just cause it leads more toward art-design. I think you can use that picture as a background and maybe take some color from your image and add them to your layout. Cause you got a nice palette on that pic. Nice job!
GENESISURENA

katyroses

Post by katyroses »

Hey there,
I think I'm leaning towards the blue design because I like the imagery you've chosen for it. They are both nice and clean! Maybe you can incorporate more color instead of just focusing on one. It may make it more expressive.
Katelyn R. Brooke

adriannageo

Post by adriannageo »

I'm more into your first layout because it's more appealing and is very unique. I actually like the black and green together too. I think that one is the one you should go with.
Adrianna George

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Hm, I think I like your "design_03" the best, Brandon.

It's a super-clear layout that's easy to navigate and get information form. The layout should be nicely liquid so you'll have to do minimal styling in your media query. Folds up nicely on the mobile version while still carrying over the same essence. Good brand continuity. The navigation is easy to see and use, too. My favorite bit, though, is your department poster. So immediately eye-catching with its visual pun title. It feels like the program representative lady is asking me a question directly. I like the placement of the TMCC logo down at the bottom in the gradient. The typography works pretty well too. The serif type gives a warm feeling to an otherwise cool design.

I think your navigation would look better as either a darker blue or a black. I'd also recommend lightening up the gradient in the background to a lighter blue. In fact, I'm not sure you need a gradient in the content area at all. Instead of having the image be a background on your inner page, why not put an image to the left or right of the text area on the computer version? You've got the room. It can be a background on the phone version though.

Good effort!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

smartinez33

Post by smartinez33 »

Hi Brandon! I like the first layout Tmcc logo looks great and the navigation is easy to see

Fear The Deer

Post by Fear The Deer »

I'm leaning more towards your blue design! I think it could use a darker box behind the body copy on pages, the white text could use more contrast to read it more easily.
Jessica Laughead