(Fall, 2019) Project 04 Preliminary Critique

Post links to your Project Four websites for discussion and feedback.
trixiapanda

(Fall, 2019) Project 04 Preliminary Critique

Post by trixiapanda »

Konichiwassup Homies!

Here are my two concepts/roughs for our final project #4!!

The first concept is using minimal graphics by using a full cover image for the background. The links and logo will stay in place throughout the entire website. The colors that I was aiming for in this concept are white and minimal colors popping out. The fonts that I used were Futura and Helvetica (popular fonts in the graphic community!!). When you scroll/hover over the links, it will be popping out to the side (ex: look at "Instructors"). On the sample page ("Instructors"), when you hover over the pictures, a block will pop out with the instructor's information on it.

The second concept, I was going for a basic theme. A sidebar that stays in place throughout the entire website, the images will have a low opacity so the headlines can pop out on top of them. The fonts I used were Futura and Universe (you know why...). Colors I was aiming for are green, black, and white!
Attachments
project04_rough_home_01.png
project04_rough_home__sample_01.png
project04_rough_mobile_01.png
project04_rough_mobile_sample_01.png
project04_rough_home_02.png
project04_rough_home__sample_02.png
project04_rough_mobile_02.png
project04_rough_mobile_sample_02.png
♡ Trixia Benitez

itsdrrlcarden

Re: (Fall, 2019) Project 04 Preliminary Critique

Post by itsdrrlcarden »

I like the second one better (the green type one). I feel like the imagery work well with in that design and your font choices are working as well! Good start!
-Darrell Carden GRC175

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Konichiwassup Trixia!

I like your first one the best. It's bright and airy and uses different pictures to designate different pages which adds a nice little bit of visual interest. Your navigation is a real standout on this one as well. I like how each button tabs in to indicate what page you're on. I assume it will also do that on rollover? There's not much color to it, but that works well here since the images are doing all the heavy lifting colorwise. Typographically it works well too. The sans-serif type gives the whole thing a cool, hi-tech, forward looking feel. Which is appropriate for a graphics program. The instructor portraits are hilarious, too. Is it weird that I knew who everyone was? I look forward to seeing your bios for each person.

On your computer layout, the TMCC logo docent need to be crammed quite so far down in the corner. Your mobile website has good margins on it's logo. Use something like that. The same goes for your text in the upper left on your Instructors page. I'd also scoot over the instructor photos a touch. Certificates & Degrees is getting awfully close to Dan.

Nice job!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

genesis_urena

Post by genesis_urena »

Hello! I think you got two nice concepts over here. The extra about the typefaces is a nice detail. I am likening best the one with the artwork from TMCC. I think images are nice quality and it talk a lot itself about the program. Nice job!
GENESISURENA

NalaniN

Post by NalaniN »

Hi Trixia,

Very nice designs! The images work (especially the portraits :lol: ) and the fonts you chose complement everything. I like your nav designs on both layouts. For me the black drop shadow behind the green text is a little hard to read in places, but maybe with more spacing between letters it would be fine.
Nice job!
Nalani Nickles

katyroses

Post by katyroses »

Hi there! I really like the first design! That is a super cool way to represent the program with the imagery you've chosen. You can probably add some expressive text to play off the colorful images.
Katelyn R. Brooke

Brandon_P

Post by Brandon_P »

I really like your first design and how you have the facility profile pictures as stickmen. Your navigation bar looks interesting too. Good job.
Brandon Plunkett

smartinez33

Post by smartinez33 »

Hi! Your two layouts look great and I would say the first one because the background with the navigation fits well. Also colors looks friendly and clean.

Fear The Deer

Post by Fear The Deer »

Hello!

I think both could work really well- on the first one, I really like your concept of photo frames for the gallery! I personally have a bit of trouble reading the green headlines on the second set.
Jessica Laughead

adriannageo

Post by adriannageo »

Hi I think that your first rough is really good because I like the vibrant colors I also think that you should leave some space, the margins are too close to the edge.
Adrianna George