Project 4 premil

Post links to your Project Four websites for discussion and feedback.
itsdrrlcarden

Project 4 premil

Post by itsdrrlcarden »

Here is my project 4 prelims. I tried to stay away from the typical TMCC green and make the design more interesting.
Attachments
inside_mobile_02.png
inside_02.png
mobile_02.png
computer_02.png
inside_mobile_01.png
inside_01.png
mobile_01.png
computer_01.png
-Darrell Carden GRC175

Abused Oreo

Re: Project 4 premil

Post by Abused Oreo »

Both designs look great. Im leaning more towards the second design. I like the colors a lot more and the imagery is nice and warm. Its easy to navigate and organized well!
Taylor Von Stetina

trixiapanda

Post by trixiapanda »

Both concepts are really nice! But I have to say, the first concept (the one with the background image) is more stronger. The layout and fonts are working well, as well as the colors!
♡ Trixia Benitez

genesis_urena

Post by genesis_urena »

Hello! I think you got two nice layouts. I will most likely choose the brown one. I think you can follow the same shapes for all pages (either circle or squares). It seems pretty nice, neat and easy to find the info. Your desk image is really nice and goes along with design-animation-web development theme.

Nice job!
GENESISURENA

NalaniN

Post by NalaniN »

Hi Darrell,

Very nice layouts! Both are very interesting and different, but still look professional. I think the images you chose work for the subject matter and your color combinations are also nice. My preference is the blue layout because I think the brown feels a little more "mature" than what might appeal to teens and young adults looking for a career path to feel passionate about. The blue layout feels more energetic and youthful. You just might want to add a bit more margin in places. Nice work!
Last edited by NalaniN on Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Nalani Nickles

katyroses

Post by katyroses »

Hey there,
I really like both layouts, but I think I like your second concept better. The color you picked is super unique and inviting. Plus, the imagery plays off nicely! I'm not sure if you need that glow around "Apply Now". Maybe just make it a different color or underline it?
Katelyn R. Brooke

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Got a couple of good ones here, Darrell.

I prefer your "02" design myself. It's super clean but somehow maintains an atmosphere. It feels like a gently rainy day. Maybe it's your image and color choices talking. Your image is very interesting. It almost feels like a potential student looking in a window from outside. Very evocative. Your blue color works well with the white, they establish a cool contrast and the blue gives the whole thing it's rainy day ambiance. Great font choices too. I like the interplay between the super-light sans-serif type and the heavier sans-serif type. The blue nav bar really works too. It's a great focal point and guides the eye toward the navigation. I also like how you've set up the TMCC logo as like a Newbery Award stamp on a book cover. A fun idea.

Watch your margins though. Your "graphic arts media technology" is really close to your person on your computer home page layout. And then on your mobile layouts, bits and pieces are just about touching the blue navbar. You need to give everything room to breathe. And I can't believe I'm typing this, but I think you should remove your drop shadow behind "Apply Today!". I think it would look better without it.

Nice work!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

mack_schneider

Post by mack_schneider »

Hello! I really love the color scheme you went with for your second design! It works well with the imagery. Maybe fading the background images slightly will make the text easier to read. Overall nice work!
Mackenzie Schneider

Brandon_P

Post by Brandon_P »

Go with your second design, is clean and simple and is more showing the tools of the trade. Colors choice is good and the content you have fills up the screen.
Brandon Plunkett

smartinez33

Post by smartinez33 »

Hi Darrel! I like both of your layout. Both of navigation looks great not only that it look clean and simple. I would say choose whatever you like for this project.