project-03-ggu

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
genesis_urena

project-03-ggu

Post by genesis_urena »

Hello all! Here is my project 03. Re-design of Suzanne Collins website.

http://www.grc175.com/student/fall-2019 ... roject-03/
GENESISURENA

trixiapanda

Re: project-03-ggu

Post by trixiapanda »

I love the way you used negative space within your designs! The orange is definitely popping out well with the black and white, and I love your concept! Great job!!
♡ Trixia Benitez

NalaniN

Post by NalaniN »

Hi Genesis,

Very nicely done! Putting the artwork sketches in the background of every page keeps the whole site feeling cohesive while adding some variety and points of interest. It makes me want to look at every page to see what artwork will be showcased there.
It seems a few of the images (like Collins's portrait and the Amazon logo) have their proportions a bit skewed so they look slightly stretched.
But very nice work!
Nalani Nickles

katyroses

Post by katyroses »

Ooo I really like the contrast of the sketches and the orange, they work really nicely together. Also, the typography works well!
Katelyn R. Brooke

tandyg

Post by tandyg »

;) I like the drawing of the womans face as the focal. I wonder what it could be if the image came down a few pix to not squish out the text. This is a great site and does a great job to conveying the author and animator works. Thanks for posting.
Tandy G
GRC 175, Web Design and Publishing I, Fall 2019
Truckee Meadows Community College

Fear The Deer

Post by Fear The Deer »

Hello!

I really like the use of the sketches as backgrounds, I think it helps express her creativity without getting to busy like full color art could potentially. On the contact the page, the text goes off screen for me- I have to zoom out a couple times. But the rest of the pages show up well!
Jessica Laughead

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Oh this one came out pretty decently. I like your focus on the hand drawn backgrounds and icons. It lends the entire website a creative, artistic flair. I like the way you've faded the drawings back and let the white background show through/around them. It makes each page seem like a page in a sketchbook. Your use of contrast is great through the entire site. I like the choice to use a portrait on the home page and to split your headline with it. That really works for you. The paper quality of the whole layout makes it super easy to read and get info from, both through the images and from reading the text. I like the way the images each reflect something about her and her books, page by page. The whole website even has some pretty decent liquidity.

Her face looks a little vertically squashed on the home page. The nav didn't need to be sans-serif considering the rest of the website isn't. The content box on your Bio page has some sharp edges in contrast to the rest of the design. You've got some overlapping issues on smaller resolution browsers. Your text overlaps the social media links on the Contact page.

Good work!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

smartinez33

Post by smartinez33 »

Hi Genesis! The colors work well with the sketches. Nicely done on your website, your concept looks a lot better than the original.

Brandon_P

Post by Brandon_P »

Good job clean and easy to navigate, could use a little more color.
Brandon Plunkett