Project 3 Final

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
Brandon_P

Project 3 Final

Post by Brandon_P »

Heres my final design, I hope you all enjoy.

http://www.grc175.com/student/fall-2019 ... roject_03/

Please be gentle :)

(11/17) Resized some things so it fits 1920x1080 better I forgot I have a higher rezolution on my home PC.
Brandon Plunkett

trixiapanda

Re: Project 3 Final

Post by trixiapanda »

Hi Brandon!

Your redesign is very neat and the colors are working well with each other! Great job completing and linking all the htmls to your links!!
♡ Trixia Benitez

katyroses

Post by katyroses »

Hi Brandon,
I love your imagery! I liked how you used a different picture for each background. I also like the typography you used! Great job!
Katelyn R. Brooke

adriannageo

Post by adriannageo »

Your website looks really good, I really like the background image you chose.
Adrianna George

NalaniN

Post by NalaniN »

Hi Brandon,

Very nice work! The background images are perfect for the subject of the website, and there is so much color and excitement expressed in them. Nicely chosen.
I find some of the body copy a little hard to read. You might try to "fade" the background photos a bit, adjust the color or opacity of the text box, or change the color of the text.
Really overall great work!
Nalani Nickles

genesis_urena

Post by genesis_urena »

Hi!

I really like your final. There is a flow that goes to all pages. Very organized and clean. Pictures are great.
GENESISURENA

tandyg

Post by tandyg »

:roll: I enjoy the use of color and the overall calm theme. It's easy to navigate and each page layout is clean.
Tandy G
GRC 175, Web Design and Publishing I, Fall 2019
Truckee Meadows Community College

Fear The Deer

Post by Fear The Deer »

Hello!

I love your imagery and color choices- the beautiful watercolors and galleries give it a very esteemed and professional feel, a lot more fitting of what you'd expect from the Yale website than what they have!
Jessica Laughead

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Hm. This thing sure turned out nice. It's one of the closes websites to it's original sketch that I have seen. The background photos are so strong and do so much of the heavy lifting on this thing. Each image shows potential students what they can expect and speaks to the beauty and serenity of the space. Your use of Yale's colors and seal really tie everything together. Good typographic choices as well. Your type really reinforces the overall theme here. The website displays well at lower resolutions. I especially like how the columns on the Contact page react at lower resolutions.

I think the overflow: hidden; property I showed you might have a bit of a side effect here. It's stopping the website from popping scrollbars when content exceeds the edges of the browser window. Oops, sorry about that. Also your footer is overlapping some of your text at smaller resolutions.

Nice work!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

smartinez33

Post by smartinez33 »

Hi Brandon! Excellent job of your concept. The images and colors are beautiful. Also, navigation is easy and straightforward.