project 2 prelim

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
clawson

project 2 prelim

Post by clawson »

Here are my two designs for Cold Springs Valley Church.
Attachments
water-design-second-page-moble-1.jpg
water-design-second-page-computer.jpg
water-design-home-moble.jpg
water-design-home-computer.jpg
cross-design-second-page-moble.jpg
cross-design-second-page-computer.jpg
cross-design-home-moble.jpg
cross-design-home-computer.jpg
Clara Lawson

Drakula

Re: project 2 prelim

Post by Drakula »

Nice layouts, they really establish the purpose of the site! The second designs have the most visual interest for me. One suggestion would be to tome down the text box on the content page. Good job!
Dana Drakulich-King

tweetysmurf2350

Post by tweetysmurf2350 »

I really like the second layout, It just says "church" to me. I looked up the other website.... Wow... that was very basic. Good job on making a basic website look interesting. I think the dark background on the inner page would make it hard for you to contrast type off of it. Just a thought.
Terri J. Taber

"Happiness can be found in even the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." - Albus Dumbledore

kayla.pressburger

Post by kayla.pressburger »

Both of your designs are a huge improvement from the original! I really like your second layout and the image that you used. The colors are pretty, it’s clear what the website is about, and using the top of the stain glass for your second pages was a really nice touch. My only suggestion is to make sure your images are proportionally scaled. Nice job!
Kayla Pressburger

emilyduke

Post by emilyduke »

I really like the second design and am drawn to the colors, blue is a great color to use for a church, I also really like the headline or name type style, but I think the body copy is a little unreadable, I would suggest maybe a simpler style? Otherwise the second one is great!
Starfish ✩ emily duke

raton de biblioteca

Post by raton de biblioteca »

I agree with the others, the stained glass emphasizes the message that the page belongs to a church. I like the cleaner font choice in white more on this black border-background as well, it complements the logo. The image also plays well with the cold and warm theme that is happening.
Rachel Cao
We are all just having too much fun ;)

Jones

Post by Jones »

I'm drawn most to the last two. I like the color choices and how the blue makes the warm colors jump. Perhaps look at a more legible font or making the text bigger?

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Oh, you've got some good imagery here.

I like the layout of "water-design-home-computer.jpg" and the stained glass cross image on "cross-design-home-computer.jpg". Maybe use that one as the background pic on the other design. I do like the lower left (and center on the mobile version). It makes for a nice unifying element on the home and inner pages. Your script type is well chosen and really works as a logo type. I like your color choices too. The soft blue where there would ordinarily be white on your inner page makes for a nice effect. I especially lik the version that has the white logo and logotype at the top. That really stands out with no other white on the page. It almost glows.

I think a subtle drop shadow will pop that white type nicely against whichever background image you choose for your home page. I'm not sold on the nav and bodycopy font. It seems to clash with your logo script type and seems way too bold for the inner page. Maybe try a medium or bold sans-serif and see how it looks. Too bad there isn't much bodycopy to critique on the inner page.

Good work!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

jason_hosier

Post by jason_hosier »

Great logo and font choices.
"Any law that cannot bend in a storm is destined to be broken."

evexhouses

Post by evexhouses »

I really like the cross designs! Super colorful and easy to navigate! (I just love colors though if you haven't noticed) But you should play around with your fonts aswell!!
~"Graphic Design is my passion" -idk

-Evelyn Lopez