Project #3 ~ final

Post links to your Project Four websites for discussion and feedback.
breezy

Project #3 ~ final

Post by breezy »

We did it!

It was a great semester! I loved seeing all your designs, here is my final website! http://www.grc175.com/student/fall_2017/brianna_mick/
"A day without laughter is a day wasted." - Charlie Chaplin

Brianna Mick

ktwy

Re: Project #3 ~ final

Post by ktwy »

I really like how you incorporated that smooth green color with the city of Reno background. Very nice! The user interface could be a little more straightforward in your navigation by making it consistent on each page, and not opening a new tab for each button. Other than that it is a very clean, well put together website :)

fjbo

Re: Project #3 ~ final

Post by fjbo »

Mountains, very clever.

The Strong: Branding. Concept. Colors. Menu: This really speaks TMCC, it's pretty awesome how you extended the branding/theme to you imagery with the City of Reno and also the Mountains that is pretty much an extension of the current TMCC logo. The concept is pretty cool and aiming for a (northern Nevada) regional-institution website style, kudos for that. The colors work pretty well as a whole and you even added some gradients which is very very good specially because they are current branding colors for the college. The menu I think is really straight-forward and goes very well along with the rest of the design.

The Not-So Strong: Navigation. Image Variety. That's it. Be careful when opening links as new tabs, since some users really don't notice it and that could affect the computer's (or tablet's or phone's) performance. Performance not a biggie really, but the usability factor is. If the user wanted to go back by pressing the back button that's not possible in the majority of the devices and if you visited 10 different pages you will have to either close the whole window/app or every individual tab. Again I don't think is a thing that is bad necessarily, just something to think about. I can see that being an actual feature when comparing degrees because you could have a both windows side by side very easily and maybe through the course list as well and I am assuming that's what you envisioned. Also, I think adding more variety in the imagery could have helped your design a little bit more, but not a biggie really.

Very well done Brianna! By the way your student website is very unique and full of personality that is very very good. I am a fan!
FJBO

FRANCISCO JAVIER BECERRA-ORTIZ