so glad that's done..... Project 3

Post links to your Project Four websites for discussion and feedback.
chaytothet

so glad that's done..... Project 3

Post by chaytothet »

Here you go!

Have a wonderful Holiday!

http://www.grc175.com/student/fall_2017/chalyn_tallman/
-Chalyn

Just because my path is different doesn't mean I'm lost
-Gerard Abrams

Ariesboxsye

Re: so glad that's done..... Project 3

Post by Ariesboxsye »

Really nice work, this site feels welcoming and visually appealing to navigate.

The font choice doesn't seem to match your design choice I feel. While your color scheme and layout feels a mixture of professionalism and calm atmosphere, the military style hard edge font detaches those ideas, if you were going for something digital I would maybe instead chose something lighter or possibly look at script style fonts.
~Names Aries Shelley~

SerenDark

Post by SerenDark »

I love the navigation and the colors! The grid-based organization and navigation is really nice and I adore how you incorporated photos of different people on the right side! My only suggestion would be to watch your spacing, as some elements are not quite centered when I think you had intended for them to be? I also sort of agree with what Aries said about the font. I don't think that it doesn't work, and you do use it in an effective way. But maybe there's a slightly different sort of spin on font style that would work better.
=== Olivia Putnam ===
SerenDark on:
Steam, Twitch, Discord

Moderator for DreadedCone's Twitch channel & Discord server.
Illustration, design, and Dark Souls game enthusiast.

====================

Kyler_Rose

Post by Kyler_Rose »

Over all your website looks really good, the only problem i have with it is that home page this are clipping with each other and the that the text is the link not the whole box it in.
Kyler Rose

breezy

Post by breezy »

Hey,

I loved seeing all your amazing designs this semester, great job!
"A day without laughter is a day wasted." - Charlie Chaplin

Brianna Mick

ktwy

Post by ktwy »

I almost couldn't find the link to your TMCC website on your homepage :S
Your website has some nice elements to it like the color scheme and the blocks, but each one of your navigation buttons opens a new tab and that bothers my OCD.

fjbo

Post by fjbo »

Wow, you put a good effort and time on this one.

The Strong: Colors. Layout. Consistency. Hover Effects. Wow Factor. This website feels planned and that you allocated a very good amount of time that is very good. The colors have a very good balance (in general). Why? You use bright colors and dull colors, your colors cannot be liked directly to any gender, and feels very clean and modern. The hover effects are a great way to let users know what's clickable, because flat design sometimes is simple and minimal that links or buttons are not very clear to all users. Your hover effects work great. The wow factor on this one is for the imagery, you edited all of your page pictures to make it consistent with your layout, design and knocked-out the background FOR EACH one!! That is very impressive.

The Not-So Strong: Honestly nothing to say a lot here other than if you had more time icons for your buttons would have been pretty good for your site. Very good job through the whole semester, frankly, I am fan of yours.

PS: I really liked the use of words instead of number characters. I think is pretty good, though don't know how might work for others so the risk-taking decision is something to support.
FJBO

FRANCISCO JAVIER BECERRA-ORTIZ